Lyst is a Global Fashion Search Platform which connects millions of shoppers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging buying experience. We work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
Here's a little data on us you might find interesting:
- 50+ engineers and data scientists
- 5M duplicated products detected and merged using product image features (http://www.slideshare.net/ejlbell/fashion-productdeduplication)
- 300k online recommendation model updates per day (http://developers.lyst.com/data/2014/11/11/word-embeddings-for-fashion/)
- 72k crowd-sourced labels generated per day
- 40k product gender classifications per day via deep learning
- 500k recommended products per day
- 120 EC2, 8 RDS, 7 ElastiCache and 10 Redshift instances
- our internal analytics system collects ~100M data points/day
...and a team that…
- ~10 deployments/day
- 40+ merged pull requests/day
- 20k lines of change/week
- Lots of open source projects - https://github.com/lyst and https://github.com/SSAW
- Get invited to talk at great events (PyCon, Europython, PyData etc)
- feature toggling and A/B testing
As a member of the International team, you’ll be working on both the backend and frontend. The team’s mission is to grow the business internationally, thus we are making changes to our core product to make it work internationally. We are constantly introducing features and optimisations that make the reach of the product even greater.
What will you be working on?
- Making our core product features fully available internationally
- Providing the tech support to launch our website on new international domains.
- Extending our CRM system to work internationally.
- We are fully AWS hosted, using a range of tools and setups: ECS, Docker, CircleCI, Shipper, RDS, Redis, SQS, SNS, Redshift
- Collaborating with product managers
Things that matter to us:
- Python: (probably about 80-90% of your day to day!!) - a lot of our service dependencies are written in Python and we're big fans of Django as well!
- Mobile first - lyst.* is a responsive site and the mobile web experience is hugely important to us both in terms of functionality and performance
- Progressive enhancement - not because we expect people to disable JS but because we believe this makes you build a better product. Speaking of…
- Tooling - we’re currently using Babel, Webpack, ESLint, Mocha, and a whole load more… we’re always evaluating what we use to improve our work
- Build your own profile and skills. Lyst is a company that will encourage and support you to get involved in the wider community. Events like FOSDEM, JS Conf, LNUG are regular occurrences on our calendar.
- You get a total of 29 days holiday per year.
- Company pension.
- We’re big on learning and development and encourage everyone to attend events. In fact we go further and everyone gets £1200 a year to spend on conferences and training.
- Clothing allowance. We're a fashion company so we'll give you £250 to spend on the site in year 1, £500 in year 2, £750 in year 3 and £1000 from year 4 onwards. You're going to look fantastic!
- Private healthcare by Vitality, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans and discounted eye tests and glasses.
- Free food
- Friday drinks every week - free drinks and snacks!