Moneybox is growing at a rapid pace with more and more people using our app to save and invest for their future. To support this growth we are looking for a Software Engineer (Back-End) to join our Investment Platform engineering team.
The Investment Platform team is responsible for the systems that manage the investment activities for over half a million investors and over £1 billion of assets. We run the customer and financial ledgers, as well as processing all of the deposits, trades, withdrawals, interest, fees, and much more. We work closely with the Investment Operations team to ensure that millions of pounds worth of assets flow through the system every day.
Our tech stack:
C# / .NET Core
Hangfire, MediatR, xUnit
Microsoft Azure (App Services, Functions, Event Hub, etc)
Git, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy and Terraform
What You’ll Do
- Our Engineers are experts in the systems they build and are therefore responsible for scoping their own requirements and communicating them with the wider team
- You will be responsible for writing high quality and fully tested code and safely delivering changes to Production
- You will deploy your changes to Production as soon as they are ready, ensuring continuous delivery of business value (we deploy several times per day)
- We keep our processes light, focussing on delivery more than planning
Who you are
- You are excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world
- We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything, but a fundamental understanding of the .NET ecosystem is important
- You are keen to learn and are an ambitious self-starter
- You have a genuine interest in financial technology and keen to tackle complex business problems on a daily basis
- You have a forensic mindset for diagnosing and resolving issues
- Computer science or similar related experience
- Comfortable navigating around the .NET Framework / C# and associated tooling
- Good understanding of relational databases, preferably SQL Server
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to actively participate in technical and commercial discussions
- Microsoft Azure or other another cloud provider
- Designing, developing, releasing and maintaining scalable, fault tolerant systems
- Building system dealing with very large volumes of data
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company Share options
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences and events
- Perkbox – selection of 200+ perks
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: [email protected]