As an iOS Engineer, your goal will be to design, architecture and implement libraries to ease the integration of Algolia on iOS. We want you to build state of the art components ready to be used by thousands of developers, reaching millions of mobile users.
You will join the Mobile Squad, a multidisciplinary team of iOS, Android developers dedicated to make Algolia's integration smoother for our customers. You will have a daily impact on both the User Experience and the Developer Experience provided by Algolia, and contribute to high-visibility open source projects
Are you a resilient problem solver who isn't afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty? We expect you to take ownership of your projects, and be able to execute without defined processes nor explicit direction. We're looking for candidates who raise the level of our teams. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally. Are you ready for the challenge?
Your role will consist of:
- Design and develop a widget library to ease the implementation of instant search experiences with Algolia on iOS
- Maintain Algolia's Swift API Client
- Hack various demos/prototypes integrating our engine (data scrapping/crawling, engine configuration, UX + design) on mobile
- Have fun helping us deliver unique search experiences everywhere!
You might be a fit if you have:
- A solid foundation in Computer Science
- 2+ years of programming experience in iOS Development (Objective-C and/or Swift)
- A passion for shipping quality code
- Great oral and written communication in English
NICE TO HAVE:
- Android experience
- Mobile web experience (Cordova, React Native…)
- C++ experience
We’re looking for someone who can live our values:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, headphones, you name it. Everything you need to be efficient
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours
Your future co-workers are waiting for you! @guydaher @pln @robert @quentin