We are looking for software engineers with experience in machine learning skills to help us shape and develop our Fraud Detection capabilities. Researching and developing ML systems is one thing, productionising and scaling it is another. You will work with software engineers and research scientists to apply cutting-edge ML techniques in our core product to classify documents, identify physical forgeries, extract data, verify user liveness, and match facial biometrics to securely verify the user’s identity.
What problems will you be solving?
As a Software Engineer with a specialisation in Machine Learning you will:
- Work with research to develop ML/computer vision algorithms to identify fraud/forgeries on documents
- Write testable, clean code to deploy these solutions
- Scale up our existing solutions to deal with fast growth
- Construct robust model training and data infrastructure to support continual optimisation of ML-driven approaches
- Support and guide other engineers in learning about, applying and delivering product features driven by machine learning techniques
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Hands-on experience working on computer vision and machine learning projects to solve practical problems
- Strong software engineering skills
- Experience coding in Python
- Experience using a deep learning library: Tensorflow, PyTorch, Theano or similar
- Experience with version control (e.g. Git)
- Great communication skills (both written and spoken)
- BSc/MSc in Machine Learning/Computer Science/Data Science or related
- Successfully delivered ML-driven products to market
- Experience with web server frameworks (e.g. Flask)
- Good working knowledge of the other tools in our dev stack, including Linux, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Redis, Jenkins
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- Health Cash Plan subsiding medical expenses (e.g. dental, optical, doctors plus many others)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to €65 per month)
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Snacks, juices and fresh fruit every day
- Monthly company dinners
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture - we meet for a Friday afternoon forum (OnFriday) to engage peers informally over drinks.
- If you’re relocating from another country to join then we’ll get you an Airbnb for the first month.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.