Smartcar is the car API for developers. We empower developers to build the future of mobility.
Smartcar’s platform allows web and mobile apps to locate and unlock cars using simple HTTP requests
. Our API works without aftermarket hardware, allowing developers to locate, unlock, and read the odometer from cars of 14 brands in a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $12M in seed and series A funding from the venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and New Enterprise Associates (NEA).
Our customers range from early-stage startups to large enterprises. To name a few, the peer-to-peer car sharing marketplaces Turo and Nabobil as well as the mobile car wash services Spiffy and Washos are using our API to build innovative mobility experiences.
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will build, maintain and expand the Smartcar API platform.
We'd love for you to join us.
- Triage bugs discovered in the API platform through error tracking and performance monitoring
- Plan implementation strategy and timeline for new projects based on business requirements
- Solicit input from teammates in engineering, design, and business to understand scope and priority of features being built
- Implement metrics instrumentation and error tracking into all new features to measure their usage and reliability
- Thoroughly test code through automated unit, integration, and end to end testing
- Verify feature usage through testing in local, QA, and production environments
- Mentor and guide interns and new-hire software engineers as they onboard into the engineering team
- Set and maintain metrics of uptime and reliability for new features and services developed
- Engage with users through feedback surveys and calls to inform design and priority of new features
Who You Are
- 1-3 years of experience building production web applications or backend systems
- Willing to be truly full-stack, as you will be making changes as wide reaching as front end components to AWS infrastructure
- Familiarity with web-development tools such as React, Webpack, Redux, Sagas, SASS (or equivalents in other front-end ecosystems)
- Have previously worked with SQL databases, such as: MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience using modern back end frameworks such as: ExpressJS (Node.js), Ruby on Rails (Ruby), Spring (Java), or Django (Python)
- Previous work designing and building APIs is a plus
- Experience using tools such as Docker and AWS
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.