Axiom Zen is a team of experienced software architects, engineers, and designers who like to work on experimental, cutting-edge projects. With low hierarchy and an open, supportive environment, we can give you space to create the best work of your life.
Working alongside some of the best talent in the world, you will drive rewarding projects forward, impacting lives and expanding the frontiers of technology. Your experience at Axiom Zen will be rewarding, challenging, and fun.
Axiom Zen is a best practices-driven engineering team (committed to continuous deployment, continuous integration, automated testing, etc), looking for talented and startup-minded developers to join our growing team -- in Vancouver, BC; San Francisco, CA; or Santiago, Chile.
If you're a talented, hard-working, and creative builder with a demonstrated record of achievement, Axiom Zen might be the place for you to jump-start your career.
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Code for fun and are a true geek at heart
- Have a strong grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Have some familiarity with agile software development methodologies including automated testing, pair-programming, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Interest or knowledge of UX and UI design principles
- Are pursuing or have completed a BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Are excited about learning from an experienced and fast-paced team, taking on significant responsibilities, and pushing the boundaries of what's possible on the web, mobile, and other emerging platforms.
- Interest or expertise in big data, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), data mining, voice recognition or other artificial intelligence
- Mobile / iOS interest or experience
- REST API familiarity / expertise
- Active Facebook API developer
- Passion for performance optimization
- Prior experience with top-tier Silicon Valley companies and startups
- Familiarity and comfort with Git and GitHub
- Creator or contributor to open source projects
How to Apply
Apply via the form below and introduce yourself! Please include any information that will help us get to know you better, such as your resume, links to GitHub or recent side projects. Also, please briefly (50 words or less) tell us about the most impressive thing you have built or achieved.
Axiom Zen is a startup that builds startups. We specialize in new venture creation, taking ideas from paper to product-market fit. We have developed the people, processes, and perspectives necessary to successfully navigate the nexus where the latest advancements in design, engineering, and business intersect.
We believe traditional approaches to innovation have stopped working; the strategic landscape is changing too fast. By the time carefully-laid plans are implemented, they are already outdated. A successful endeavour doesn’t play catch-up!
Optimizing for impact often means working with emerging technologies (like VR and AI), but also includes advances in product, visual design, and even storytelling. Our team of fifty founder-quality engineers, designers, and product leads combine a wealth of experience from fast-growing startups as well as companies like Apple, Google, and SpaceX.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary plus bonus and top-tier benefits.
We provide exceptional benefits:
Company-Paid Phone Plan. Axiom Zen will cover your monthly phone bill up to $75 per month.
Active Professional Development. We actively participate in team development. You have access to a Professional Development budget, separate from your compensation, for conferences, classes, books, and any other resources to maintain and expand your skill set, industry knowledge, and professional growth. Professional development requests will need to be pre-approved and can be made via our Req repo (see Expense General Guideline below).
Speaker Travel Budget. We believe that all our team members should have the opportunity to become thought leaders in their fields. To support this, we have a standard policy to cover travel & accommodations for relevant speaking engagements wherever possible. (see Expense General Guideline below).
“Live the Brand” Products. We also believe that using great products helps us build them better. Every team member receives a equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, platforms, and products. This includes new wearables, internet-of-things gadgets, the latest laptops etc. (see Expense General Guideline below).
“Live the Brand” Experiences. Several times per week, the team engages in fun and exciting products & experiences sponsored by the company. Everyone has the opportunity to submit ideas. We believe time outside of the office helps us think outside the box. (see Expense General Guideline below).
Transport Reimbursement. We cover public transport to work and back.
Top-Line Equipment. Apple laptop, large 2nd monitor, personal gadget budget, company smartphone of your choice in addition to fully paid voice and data plan. Models dependent upon needs and department function.
Zen Den Vancouver
B1 - 788 Beatty St.
Vancouver BC V6B 2M1