Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
We are looking for a C++ Developer to help develop a Next-Generation remote access application. They will need to be able to independently implement features, maintain the code, resolving challenges with out-of-the-box thinking, and delivering quality code that ships on time. An ideal candidate loves implementing quality code. You will develop products that primarily run in the Windows/MacOS desktop environment with modern C++. We are looking for a well-rounded engineer willing to work with multiple technologies.
What will you do
- 2-4 years of professional software development experience.
- Should have coded C++ in a Windows/MacOS environment.
- Demonstrated ability to design software, and present and defend ideas.
- Working knowledge of networking (L3/L4), TLS encryption protocols.
- Track record of developing commercial software products.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple time zones and be ready to go the extra mile for the team.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a fast paced development team.
What will you bring
- Security expertise. Experience building secure code, analyzing and identifying potential security issues with systems and coming up with solutions
- MS Visual Studio, Windows system internals APIs (e.g. IP Helper API, WMI, Crypto API), REST-APIs, Kernel level debugging, windbg (low level), modern C++
- Good to have working knowledge of debugging network stacks using any pcap tool like Wireshark or Tcpdump
- Developing experience in a product company is a plus.
- Have worked in an Agile development environment.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.