THE JOURNEY TO YOUR DREAM JOB COULD BE JUST A CLICK AWAY…
In 2012, Tuft & Needle (tn.com
) disrupted the mattress industry by offering a customer-focused, digitally-native alternative to traditional mattress chains. Since then, more and more similar brands have followed in our wake presenting new challenges and a different type of customer confusion. With people at the heart of everything we do, we know it’s now time for us to define our next chapter. Rest should be a universal right and with that as our North Star, we are setting out to radically reshape how the world thinks about sleep and the impact it can have in our lives. But our success in making great products and exceptional experiences depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life because we know a diverse environment is essential to our success in making better sleep accessible to all.
Want to use your unique worldview to help shape the future of Tuft & Needle? Join us. We’re just getting started.
- Be a domain leader in changing software while considering all elements of successful launch and use
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Take opportunities to mentor and guide newer engineers on the path
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Leads initiatives & meetings within team and domain. Regularly leads multi-person, multi-week projects.
- Collaborate with peers to level up skill sets and code quality across your domain team
- Work closely with other teams to solve cross-functional problems and create compelling experiences for both internal and external users.
- Work closely with principal engineers to ensure all projects align with ongoing broad, cross-cutting infrastructure projects.
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Verify code functionality by unit testing and debugging during development and QA cycles
- Adopt agile methodologies to continuously release and deploy iterations of our services
- Develop soft skills and user-focused, team-first approach to software development
- Improve quality of the product, validation, testing and provide applications support.
- Takes on highly complex software challenges.
- Avoids monolithic deliverables and breaks down complex tasks quickly.
- Cross-geo collaboration with engineering team members across Tuft & Needle.
- Participation as well as driving design reviews and customer requirements.
- Closely partnering with projects, project managers and developers on application definition, design, development, integration, testing and support of reliable and reusable software solutions.
- Work with team members to provide insight into solving complex problems with middleware while leveraging enterprise and industry best practices (including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility).
- Estimates methodically, based on iterative learning. Sets realistic deadlines that drive effort and support healthy work habits. Cuts scope as needed, mitigating risk by shipping frequently
- Actively listen to and cooperatively work with other internal team members in order to contribute positively to updates and changes to the application.
- Act as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met.
- 3+ years of experience working in a tech environment similar to what's described above
- Experience in building enterprise-level applications and working with APIs
- Passion for Test Driven Development. We use RSpec, Cucumber, and Cypress
"Nice to have"
- Familiarity with any of Stimulus, React, Next.js, AWS S3 and Lambdas, GraphQL SQL, or languages and tools with similar patterns and architectures.
- Experience with eCommerce applications, supply chain logistics, customer experience, ETLs, or third-party integrations.
YOU'LL SLEEP WELL WHEN YOU WORK WITH US
Our people You'll work with some of the most talented, supportive, and savvy individuals out there. We're very proud to work with each other. We're shaking up the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients they would never expect. And we’re proud of that too!
Our product Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount.
Our benefits We offer comprehensive health benefits for you, eligible partners and dependents. We have paid maternity & paternity leave, 401k with a match, a generous vacation plan, and so much more.
Tuft & Needle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Your experience is important to us. If you have any questions with your application, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at [email protected]