Software Engineer (521)
Location: Pune, India
Acquia is an open digital experience company. We provide the world's most results-oriented brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest-growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Phenomenal Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future, and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is seeking a Software Engineer who can help lead our efforts to revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services. As an Observability Team Software Engineer, you will be working on a wide range of core internal systems, tooling and automation around logging, monitoring and traceability. You will work with your fellow engineers, Product Engineering, Operations and Customer Success teams to identify inefficiencies in our current services and processes, then propose and implement changes to streamline or automate remediation.
As a Software Engineer, you will…
- work with your team to develop far-reaching modules that have scalability and availability at their core
- contribute to our efforts to revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services
- maintain an understanding of system functionality and architecture, with a strong focus on the operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, emergency response, capacity planning, etc)
- collaborate with your team members to review their work and have your work reviewed in turn
- work with other teams in deciding, developing integrations with other subsystems
- participate in Scrum software development lifecycle
- provide product support to internal and external partners
- work in a team environment where your team owns and operates the services you build
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- like solving sophisticated challenges for scalable, low latency systems
- enjoy solutions for a Cloud-native environment
- enjoy collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- have a passion for DevOps
What you’ll need to be successful…
- have 3+ years of software development experience with the majority spent working on Cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- have hands-on experience in at least one Object Oriented Programming Language, PHP preferred
- have hands-on experience with leveraging and/or handling distributed logging, monitoring and observability systems (e.g. SignalFx, SumoLogic, Splunk, New Relic, CloudWatch)
- have hands-on experience building and operating distributed systems and/or service-oriented architectures
- have familiarity with design patterns; writing clean, maintainable code
- have scripting experience in Bash/Python/Ruby and comfortable navigating unix/linux based operating systems
- have some experience with Devops processes and tools (Jenkins), distributed configuration management systems (Ansible, Puppet) and maintaining infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- have good oral and written communication skills
Extra credit if you…
- hold AWS certifications
- have hands-on experience with Docker, K8s or equivalent
- have an attitude to automate repetitive tasks
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.