As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
8x8, Inc. is seeking an experienced Professional Services (PS) Software Engineer to create value added solutions for our business customers using our award-winning hosted Contact Center, PBX, and Hosting services. Your solutions development experience, call center and telecom industry knowledge, and strong customer presence, will help 8x8 expand our industry share of hosted unified communications for business customers.
The PS Software Engineer will be responsible for creating customized solutions, which enhance 8x8 products and services to meet customer’s requirements based on a mutually agreeable statement of work (SOW). The ideal candidate will have experience generating a SOW based on customer requirements to implement a customized solutions utilizing a vendor’s hosted services, products, API’s, and software development tools.
*PLEASE NOTE: This is a REMOTE role with the ideal candidate located in US-MST time zone.*
What Are You Responsible For?
- Collecting project requirements from customers through remote interviews
- Implementing customized solutions and services based on the SOW utilizing 8x8 products, API’s, and 3rd party software development tools as required
- Designing and prototyping software development projects as required and be responsible for the quality of work produced
- Managing the customer’s deployment of 8x8 services and solutions as specified in SOW
- Presenting 8x8 services and customized solutions to customers, including executives and end-users
- Meeting or exceeding P&L goals for Professional Services
What Will Make You Successful:
- Knowledge in web application architecture and technologies, database such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- Knowledge/Experience in Unified Communications, VOIP, and Contact Center technologies, TCP/IP, Network routing protocols, security infrastructure, L2/L3 switches is highly desired
- Working experience in a Professional Services consulting, field services engineering, and/or technical project management position for a vendor’s telecom, cloud services, and/or contact center services is highly desired
- Programming experience with any of these – PHP, Python, .NET
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and/or comparable industry certifications and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for all levels of the organization including executive level
- Discipline: A driven individual who sets aggressive personal goals and executes on them
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Team player who can make can difference
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more
or email us at [email protected] (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.