Clearmatics is a B2B fintech startup building P2P protocols and tools for automating the finance industry. Specifically, we design protocols and build platforms for decentralised Financial Market Infrastructure (dFMI).
Founded in 2015, we are a London-based blockchain R&D company, whose mission is to build peer-to-peer infrastructures that solve issues and inefficiencies inherent to today's client-server architectures. We call our technology approach 'decentralised automation', which combines cryptography, consensus protocols and economic mechanism design. We have good ties to the Open Source / Ethereum community, we work closely with the Ethereum Foundation, and the company is an Ethereum Enterprise Alliance Member.
We are scaling rapidly and looking to hire a Software Engineer to join our growing QA and Test function.
You'll be joining a team that is building innovative tools, services, and frameworks to solve hard engineering problems and ensure that our software achieves our rigorous standards for correctness and high-reliability.
This role will be reporting to our Head of QA and Test.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Designing and implementing automated tests or test generators
- Developing tools, services, and frameworks to facilitate testing
- Evaluating and implementing solutions to improve the platform
- Reviewing test results and reporting defects that are found
- Liaising with other development teams to resolve issues
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong Python programming skills with a focus on back-end or systems-level development
- Experience programming in at least one statically-typed language (Golang, C/C++, Rust)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically and systematically
- A good understanding of Linux OS, TCP/IP networking, and common network protocols
- Proficient in development and Bash shell scripting in a Linux CLI environment
- Experience developing/testing REST, gRPC, or JSON-RPC APIs in a microservice architecture
- An appreciation of the development practices that contribute to software quality
- Familiar with Docker/OCS container-based development workflow and Kubernetes orchestration
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Ethereum ecosystem experience: APIs, clients, protocols, algorithms, and technologies
- Practical knowledge of distributed systems, consensus algorithms, and P2P technologies
- Knowledge of Solidity smart contract language and testing with Truffle and Node.js
- Experience with test automation frameworks and component/integration/system testing
- Expertise in network capture, packet analysis/filtering, and software-defined networking
- Fluency in SQL and experience with relational database management (PostgreSQL, SQLite)
- Experience with financial products or market infrastructure in a financial institution
What we value at Clearmatics:
- Collaboration and respect
- Honesty & Humility
- Ability to challenge opinions with logic and evidence
- Willingness to work hard and solve hard problems
- Passion for distributed technology, cryptography, and their implications for society
- Continuous improvement and learning.
If you'd like to make significant contributions to the blockchain ecosystem and think you are a match, then we'd like to hear from you.
- Central London location in bright, spacious offices.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working and possibility to work remotely.
- Relocation assistance.
- Company pension.
- Hardware budget to give our developers the best equipment.
- Professional development - annual individual Learning & Development budget.
- Monthly Friday company meeting with pizza and beers.
- "Show and Tell" sessions - knowledge sharing across teams.
- Great kitchen filled with your favourite British specialties.
- Joining a fast-growing, game-changing, FinTech company.