"The front page of the internet,” Reddit is comprised of thousands of user-run communities, each with its own front page, unique focus, and moderator team. Founded in 2005, Reddit is a place for community, conversation, and connection with over 250 million users worldwide.
Reddit is looking for an intelligent, motivated individual with a desire to directly impact the experience of hundreds of millions of users. As a relevance engineer you’ll have the opportunity to work on optimizing or overhauling the core algorithms that power Reddit. If things like improving our hotness algorithm, search relevance, and ad targeting / inventory utilization excite you, then you’ve found the right place.
- Design, develop, and support new features
- Apply Machine Learning to retrieve relevant results and provide optimal ranking.
- Dig deep into how customer behavior differs between categories and go beyond generic relevance algorithms.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, impact assessment, A/B testing and results analysis, and deployment.
- Collaborate with engineers/teams to find technical solutions to complex design challenges.
What We Can Expect From You:
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience as a Data Scientist, Software Engineer, or Applied Research, developing production level code
- Strong understanding of data structures.
- Experience with Hadoop or similar web-scale data processing technologies
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Entrepreneurial ‘think big’ mindset.
- Ability to communicate well and discuss complex topics with both technical audiences.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in applied Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing
- Strong Machine Learning and modeling techniques including classification, regression and Bayesian analysis.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Meals & Snacks
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time