About Paytm Labs:
At Paytm Labs, we’re on a mission to provide useful technological solutions that enrich and empower millions of people in their daily lives. We apply big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to bring the next generation of financial products and services to the Indian, Japanese and Canadian markets.
As a company, we’re committed to offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience to over 333 million consumers and over 21 million merchants. Since our journey began 6 years ago, we’ve launched the Paytm Canada app (our bill management app), and PayPay (a QR-based payment app in Japan), all while powering the Paytm India app.
Paytm Labs is looking for a Backend Engineer to work on our limit enforcement system which needs high scalability, reliability, and availability. These challenges require lots of creative thinking based upon a very deep understanding of how software works.
Our ideal candidate is an ace problem solver and a learner at heart. You should have a very high degree of comfort in a programming language of your choice. We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools (both hardware and software) and most importantly, the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you.
- Build back-end services supporting Paytm’s Limit Enforcement Service.
- Design a strongly consistent system with high throughput and availability
- Create & maintain proper monitoring
- Create & maintain APIs supporting client requests
- Write effective unit and integration tests Understand concurrency, distributed computing, messaging, and algorithm, and know the trade-offs between frequent delivery and technologies
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade system whenever applicable
- Adopt problem-solving as a way of life - always go to the root cause!
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of strong, demonstrable experience with Scala or Java
- 5+ years of strong, demonstrable experience with strongly consistent systems
- Solid foundation in designing and implementing large scale systems
- Deep understanding in concurrency, distributed computing, large scale system, messaging, and algorithm
Why join Paytm Labs!
- Flexibility to WFH
- For the third year in a row, we are proud to announce that we have been certified as a Great Place to Work
- We were also certified as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2020
- We are an open work environment that fosters collaboration, ownership, creativity, and urgency
- We ensure flexible hours outside of our core working hours
- Enrolment in the Group Health Benefits plan right from day 1, no waiting period
- Team building events
- Fuel for the day: Weekly delivery of groceries, and all types of snacks
- Catered lunches and desserts on a monthly basis
- Daily fun in the office with our competitive games of Ping Pong, Pool, Smash Bros competitions, or FIFA
- And of course, an unlimited amount of freshly made coffee and tea! We’re pretty serious about our coffee beans
- Online learning through the platform, UDEMY
Notice for Job Applicants
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted remotely. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect potential delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paytm Labs is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
Don't have Paytm Canada App yet?