"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for an intelligent, motivated individual who is enthusiastic about leading Security. As a Senior Security Engineer, you will participate in the effort to design, manage and further security monitoring and practices in Reddit environments.
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans.
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services.
- Develop and interpret security policies and procedures.
- Develop and deliver training materials and evangelize good security practices.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 6+ years of application security experience.
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills.
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Cassandra.
- Experience with both application and operational security.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security.
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.