Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Forbes recognized Nomad as one of the “Best Startup Employers”, Newsweek included Nomad on its "Most Loved Workplaces" list and Built In NYC named Nomad one of the “Best Mid-Sized Companies To Work For.” Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. We are a well-funded Series D startup backed by First Round Capital, RRE Ventures, .406 Ventures, Polaris Partners, Icon Ventures, Adams Street Partners, and Kevin Ryan (founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt, and DoubleClick).
The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so clinicians can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
Site Reliability at Nomad Health combines both system and software engineering to build, monitor/observe, and scale internal and external systems. SRE ensures that our systems are reliable and usable for our end users. SRE works closely with the development teams to maintain our systems and ensure they are performant and scalable. An SRE focuses on managing infrastructure via IaC ( infrastructure-as-code ), building new cloud native systems, code optimizations, developer experience, telemetry, and automation. As an SRE at Nomad Health, you have the opportunity to use your analytical and technical skills to make an impact at a fast growing startup. You will play an integral role in designing and maintaining systems at scale. We value eager, self-directed, curious, problem solving engineers who are open to working and learning from others.
- Setting, implementing, and improving SLOs by designing and implementing SLIs and running production meetings
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering partners in system design, management, capacity planning, and continued improvement of all systems
- Collaborate with Development teams on best practices, infrastructure setup, and planning activities with a focus on stability, performance, and scale
- Mentor engineering teams and evangelize reliability best practices
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD/CT pipelines
- Participate in 24/7 On-Call rotations, incident response, and blameless postmortems
- Experience with GCP, AWS, CDNs, and/or other Cloud Services
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with IAC tools like Terraform, Pulumi, or other
- Experience with CI/CD platforms ( CircleCI, ArgoCD, Github Actions )
- Experience with Service Level Objectives ( SLOs )
- Experience with running incident response and postmortems
- Experience with linux systems and shell scripts
- Experience with frameworks like Flask, FastAPI, Django, Celery, React, Next, or other
- Experience managing SQL, NoSQL, and/or other data stores
- Experience in managing cloud networking
- Experience or Familiarity with running SLO Workshops
- Experience running SLO reviews / production meetings
- Experience with GitOps, MLOps, and modern CI/CD practices
- Knowledge of Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) and the current landscape
- Experience with serverless platforms such as Cloud Functions, Cloud Run, AWS lambda, or other
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, 401k matching, and a remote-friendly culture, including an annual stipend to kit out your home office.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.