Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since our launch in 2014, the Stellar network has processed billions of operations and millions of payments, reflecting real demand for blockchain technology from fintechs, financial institutions, and developers around the world. We're unlocking the world's economic potential together, allowing underserved populations to take part in exciting new financial systems. The Stellar Blockchain is an open-source platform that processes payments efficiently, at low cost, and high-scale. Our open source software allows a vast ecosystem of developers and companies around the world to leverage SDF's Software to build innovative solutions on the Stellar Blockchain.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our Soroban team as we continue to expand our reach to support the rapidly growing need for a simpler, safer, and faster way to build smart contracts. Engineers on this team are responsible for building a first of its kind smart contract platform. Soroban will simplify and turbocharge innovation within our ecosystem and the growth of Stellar. In turn, your work will solve real world problems and revolutionize the industry today, and well into the future. You can expect ongoing rapid iteration and innovation based on community feedback.
In this role you will
- Be a key contributor to greenfield tools, libraries and services.
- Build a smart contract platform that is fast, secure, and user-friendly.
- Engineer a platform that solves existing problems and lays the groundwork for the future of decentralized applications.
- Work on tech at the cutting edge of the intersection between blockchain and finance.
- Collaborate to solve challenging novel problems in decentralized software.
- Foster collaboration between teams across ecosystems.
- Identify patterns in developer needs and design new protocols and services to increase developer velocity across our entire ecosystem.
- Engage with our community of open source developers and partners on projects that encompass many different frameworks, languages, and ideas.
- Collaborate with the team on code review and design, and contribute to best practices for all of engineering at SDF.
- Investigate and refactor performance bottlenecks in order to continue scaling our API services.
- Author detailed technical feature and protocol (RFC) specifications - we take design seriously, and we encourage everyone to be a part of our RFC processes.
- You are proficient with Rust, Golang or any other strongly-typed programming language.
- 4+ years of experience years of professional software development experience.
- Experience developing highly complex rapidly scaling web applications/services and backend APIs.
- A curiosity that drives learning and understanding.
- A solid understanding of software design patterns, and how to build components that are reusable, extensible, and modular.
- Knowledge of existing frameworks and willingness to build new open source frameworks when needed.
- Enthusiasm for working on a small, growing team with a fair amount of autonomy and ambiguity.
- Openness, empathy, and careful about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative and helpful manner.
Bonus Points if
- You have created developer tools for smart contract developers.
- You have developed top tier smart contract.
- You have experience working in DeFi and/or blockchain.
- Experience building solutions for cross-chain interoperability.
- Experience contributing to/working on large scale open source projects.
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $145,000 - $165,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 7 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.