Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a software engineer to join Grammarly’s Subscription Services team, which builds billing services that handle millions of payment transactions. The team also creates smart tools that help Grammarly provide excellent customer service to our ever-increasing number of users. Overall, we help make sure the business runs smoothly. Our objectives are about increasing revenue and user retention. We run lots of experiments and release code to production every day. The engineers on the team are deeply involved in the ideation, research, and implementation of each feature.
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack or hear from our team on our technical blog.
- Improve our billing system and other services by writing lots of Java code.
- Be hands-on with network architecture, load balancing, CI/CD, provisioning, and security of production and staging environments. Continuously fine-tune deployments, monitoring, and other routines.
- Implement integrations with payment processors, tweak data infrastructure, and build and run experiments around billing flows.
- Work directly with other teams at Grammarly to build back-office automation and features for our sales systems.
- Participate in on-call duty and continuously improve the stability of production services.
- Build tons of ambitious features, improve the architecture and technical stack, and become a stronger professional together with the team!
We’re looking for someone who
- Has solid software engineering fundamentals and knowledge of commonly used algorithms.
- Has strong knowledge of Java programming and JVM.
- Has strong troubleshooting skills that span systems, network, and code.
- Is comfortable working with AWS, Docker, Terraform, Grafana, and associated tech stacks.
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.