Veeva develops cloud software that helps the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotechs bring critical medicine and therapies to the patients that need them. Our enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry.
Veeva is a ‘Work Anywhere
’ company, so you can connect with teams in our Raleigh office while also having the flexibility to work from home. And as a Public Benefit Corporation
, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
Our engineering and product teams are organized around our hubs for community and collaboration. Work anywhere means you can work at home or the office on any given day. Your product hub is based on the primary location of your product, and you should live within one time zone of your product hub. Veeva Stats is based out of our Raleigh-Durham product hub.
We are looking for a Software Engineer that is a self-starter, loves solving technical challenges, and has prior experience working on a variety of engineering projects and full-stack development in an energizing environment. You should have experience developing enterprise applications in Java and working with the latest open-source technologies. In this role, you will be focused on building software that can scale and continue to evolve with new features and capabilities over time.
Veeva Stats is a new business venture for Veeva, a startup with the backing of a much larger company to build a statistical computing environment solution for clinical trial analytics execution and the creation of clinical study regulatory submission data and report packages.
What You'll Do
- Drive the technical design, development and testing of features of Veeva Stats and participate in all aspects of the SDLC
- Write clean, readable, testable code in a close-knit team environment using object-oriented principles and AWS cloud technologies
- Support the application once in production
- Work in a start-up like agile development environment
- 3 or more years of experience developing enterprise software in Java
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/Cloud computing services
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
Nice to Have
- Startup experience
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product development
- Experience developing software products with highly technical end users
- Experience in non-Java development, specifically Python (building services/deployment) and C++
- Basic understanding of statistical programming languages like R, Python, and SAS
- Life Sciences or Clinical Trial analytic computing product development
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.