Who we are
Virtually Live is a revolutionary, immersive technology which sits between attending a live game and watching it on TV. Our patented media system uses tracking data to recreate the event in a virtual environment in real-time. Every object on the field moves according to the actions of the players on the field at the event.
Initially, Virtually Live is focused on delivering sport experiences from the top leagues across soccer, racing, and basketball. Through the Virtually Live participant-interface, one can witness the event from any angle including: the POV of a race car driver, any player on the field, or any seat in the stadium. Fans can also interact with other virtual participants to share in the experience; celebrating together when their favorite player scores a goal.
We are looking for an outstanding Client Engineer to develop PC and mobile versions of our consumer-facing Virtual Reality platform. Our Engineers will be inventing new techniques for scalable and responsive media delivery unique to VR space, while collaborating with the team to build these maintainable, scalable systems from scratch.
- Proven experience with programming languages and frameworks relevant to this role, i.e. either C++, C#, or Objective-C.
- Proficient knowledge of popular client-side game engines such as Unity3D and/or Unreal, and game development pipelines including scripting code and art asset management
- Strong knowledge of game engine concepts including 3D graphics, matrix algebra and linear programming, character animation, and event-based simulation.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years applicable experience in a production environment with ideally at least one shipped consumer product
- Strong blend of analytical, decision-making and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Significant focus on exceptional code quality -- including performance, scalability, and readability considerations
- Demonstrates code maintainability and methods by developing documentation, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Comfortable working as part of a team with the ability to evangelize and explain engineering decisions verbally and through documentation
- Experience with source control systems, such as git, and confident mentoring others in best practices
- Works well in an international multi-timezone team and structured tasking environment while being proactive in identifying and prioritizing tasks
- Proven ability to stick to tight deadlines
- Work with a team of engineers, artists, and designers to build software according to specifications
- Design and Develop the client code that enables multiple products to connect customers in VR
- Integrate art assets such as textures, animation, meshes, adjusting lighting, setting camera angles, optimizing performance, or incorporating audio
- Implement User Interface designs and assets working with artists, designers and producers
- Ensure code delivered provides a high fidelity experience for our customers
- Specify hardware requirements as well as developing automated tests to verify software stability
- Design, develop, and deploy and document client features and integrate 3rd party and internal APIs
- Constant testing, monitoring and tuning to keep our game performing at the high framerate required for VR
- Contribute ideas and technology to a cross-company product development effort
Ideal Candidates will have...
- Have successfully developed and deployed a commercial 3D game client using a common current engine (e.g. Unity3D, Unreal) for PC and/or mobile platforms
- Proficient experience with client-server programming from a client perspective, including both HTTP and TCP-based networking.
- Strong knowledge of OOP principles and software architecture
- Knowledge and experience in an Agile/SCRUM based development process
- Experience developing client code for virtual reality platforms
- Passion and enthusiasm for Virtual Reality and Sports
What We Can Offer You
- Working within a remarkably diverse environment with an equally remarkable diverse
group of international colleagues all of whom are passionate about developing novel technologies.
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive Health Care Benefits including Medical, Dental & Vision at no cost to the employee!
- A generous PTO policy
- Monthly Healthy Lifestyle & Commuter Reimbursements
- 401K Plan
About Virtually Live
Virtually Live is the next generation media for global fans to experience and enjoy live sports and events.
Founded by a track-record team responsible for some of the top media and technology businesses in Europe (Neuropro, TVN, SuperAwesome, Sony Playstation, Intuit, Vungle), the company’s partners include some of the biggest names in Sports and Positional Tracking data.
Virtually Live is based in San Francisco, with offices in Zürich, London, Seattle and Spain. For more information please visit www.virtuallylive.com or see our Angel List profile.