We're looking for engineers to join our quickly growing team and help us fundamentally change the way developers are implementing search. As a Software Engineer working on Web Products your primary goal is to design, maintain & advance our algolia.com dashboard website. We want you to build fast, intuitive and powerful User Interfaces & Experiences solving complex underlying technical challenges.
What's the best way to visualise data coming from multiple sources? How do we make search relevancy easy to grasp? How do we help our users understand our API? How do we maximize security without creating friction? Those are examples of the challenges you'll have to solve.
Are you a resilient problem solver who isn't afraid to think outside the box and get their hands dirty? We expect you to take ownership and be able to execute without defined processes and implicit direction. We're looking for candidates who raise the level of our teams. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally.
Are you ready for the challenge?
YOU ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Contribute to the algolia.com dashboard and related web products
- Build a state of the art, scalable & robust Ruby on Rails API
- Build a top-of-the-class dashboard UI
- Integrate numerous APIs, both 3rd party and internal
- Help our users make the most out of the Algolia API
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Willing to learn and work with Ruby
- A passion for shipping incredible UI/UX without compromising on quality code
- Great oral and written communication in English
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working in a very fast-paced and continuously changing environment
- Experience with ES6, React, Redux, D3, TypeScript or similar
- Open-source contributions
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, headphones, you name it. Everything you need to be efficient
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours