Internship Project Description
The engineering intern will join a team of developers working in the areas of radiotherapy, treatment delivery, planning, and medical imaging. They will work on specific projects within the scope of the real-time embedded control software for the RefleXion radiotherapy system. A successful candidate will have a solid grounding in C++ and computer architecture, as well as demonstrated interest in control systems, imaging, or some other technical discipline involved in biology guided radiation therapy.
In the course of work, the candidate will gain experience in real-time embedded software development, distributed software architecture, and networking under the context of an advanced radiation therapy system that incorporates novel real-time imaging.
Intern Responsibilities and Learning Objectives
- Design, development, optimization, and testing of real-time control software.
- Help plan and execute software test strategy, building or enhancing test frameworks as necessary.
- Assist in profiling critical data flows and computation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Incoming senior through graduate level - EE, ME, Biomedical, or CS student.
- Must have at least 2 years of C++ development experience.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with scripting languages such as Python and Matlab.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of computer architecture and modern OS concepts.
- Experience with Linux or an established real-time operating system.
- Experience with multi-threading and real-time software concepts.
- Demonstrate understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns.
- Academic training in control systems.
- Desire and aptitude to work on embedded control software in a complex physical system.
- Available for at least 2.5 months during Summer to work in Hayward, CA, located in the SF Bay Area.