Gusto is making the most complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal. Imagine payroll that brings everyone peace of mind, HR that transforms work into a community, and benefits that help people plan for a better future. That’s what we’re building at Gusto.
We’re looking for a strong, motivated, and creative engineer to lead part of the Benefits engineering team. Benefits is our newest product offering, and as a lead on this team, you’ll be given full autonomy over everything in your domain as you scale what this team means at Gusto.
Here’s what you'll do:
- Lead and mentor the 4+ person Expansion team within Benefits engineering team
- Work on exciting Benefits projects defining the future of Benefits - Make a delightful product for employees to use and remove all the paperwork for employers
- Work with health insurance carriers and iterate on the unique tools and cutting edge automation that the Benefits Engineering team defined
- Work on building new benefits products beyond health, giving employers new ways to celebrate and recognize their employees
- Help plan and prioritize our Benefits engineering roadmap - Help grow the existing Benefits customer base
- Actively develop, test, and deploy Benefits features across the entire stack alongside your teammates
- Take on intriguing and complex challenges: Automating complex state rules, HIPAA compliance integration, and diversifying our product offering
- Partner with recruiting to help scale the Benefits team by actively sourcing and closing new talent
- Bring out the best in the individuals on your team by enabling them to do the best work of their lives
Here's what we're looking for:
- 7+ years industry experience in software engineering, with considerable full-stack experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strong hands on coding, design, and architectural skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change: excited about pushing out lots of code quickly and constantly iterating
- Thorough and methodical: you enjoy working with data and using it to make informed business decisions
- Empathetic and user-focused: you care deeply about the product experience, you understand users’ motivations and frustrations, and you genuinely want to help them
- Empathetic and employee-focused: you care deeply about the people in your team, helping them to achieve their personal and professional goals, and enabling them to do the best work of their lives
- Experience working in our stack (Ruby on Rails, React.js) and healthcare is a plus, but not required
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. Our product aims to enable businesses of all sizes to create great places to work -- where employers and employees prosper together. We do this by rethinking employee work experiences from the ground up, from employee onboarding and welcome, to getting paid, benefits, performance reviews, and more.
Gusto was also featured on Breakout List for our strong revenue growth and potential.
Find out why we’re the #1 place to work in San Francisco! To learn more about our values, life at Gusto, benefits, and perks, visit gusto.com/careers.
Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and its investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.