Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering everyone to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
We’re looking for a strong, motivated, and creative engineering lead to help found and build our Denver engineering team, as well as lead the Sales and Marketing Enablement engineering team. Gusto already has more than 30,000 business customers and you'll lead our engineering teams in Denver that will help scale this to the next level.
- Found a world-class Denver engineering team: Recruit the first 10 engineers, establish the Denver engineering culture, set communication norms between our San Francisco and Denver offices, and architect the organizational structure that will allow us to scale to 50 engineers in Denver. We want Gusto to be THE company that engineers in the Denver area want to work for.
- Ensure that that we maintain a strong service-driven mindset in our Denver engineering team when working cross-functionally with our Sales, Customer Care, Risk and other teams in Denver.
- As the engineering site lead in Denver, you’ll report directly to the CTO to ensure that you have everything you need to be successful in your role.
- Lead and mentor the first team of full-stack engineers in Gusto’s Denver office. This first team will focus on building tools that will help make our Sales and Marketing teams more effective and efficient.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 7+ years industry experience in software engineering.
- 4+ years of management experience.
- Experience building an engineering team from the ground up.
- Proven ability to recruit top-talent.
- Strong coding, design, and architectural skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change.
- A service-driven mindset — your primary job is to make sure that you service your team and go out of your way to make others successful.
- Empathetic and user-focused: you care deeply about the product experience. You understand users’ motivations and frustrations and genuinely want to help them.
- Experience working in our stack (Ruby on Rails, Backbone.js, React.js) is a plus, but not required.
To learn more about our values, life at Gusto, benefits, and perks, visit gusto.com/careers.
Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and its investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.