At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Our Tech Team is driven by innovation. Within our agile cross-functional teams, every person has a voice and skills which contribute to the development of amazing products that our customers use every day. They are focused on being fast and creative to bring the best technology to our customers, moving fast to push through MVPs and learn from data insights.
Our engineering team is a group of inquisitive, mission-driven innovators. They work in a live environment, applying their diverse skills, experience and expertise in a collaborative environment to deliver a seamless and inspiring shopping experience to our customers. This team can solve problems at scale!
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development.
- Support the timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Grow a diverse, safe, healthy, collaborative engineering culture.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product managers, and designers to solve challenging problems that affect all people at THE ICONIC.
- Improve and maintain team velocity through setting the right goals, improving developer experience, and creating a culture of accountability
- Drive technical excellence, quality and technological health
- Champion and drive industry best practices
- Represent THE ICONIC and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions.
- You have at least two years experience leading an engineering team in both a technical and people management capacity and have previously made the step away from writing code yourself.
- You have operational experience running critical production services.
- You have a track record of estimating, execution and delivering results
- You apply agile and lean principles to solve problems at scale.
- You are passionate about enabling our engineers to be more productive in changing how we serve our customers.
- You are able to gather metrics and translate them into strategic initiatives that deliver performance and engagement uplifts.
- You are guided by the principles of "servant leadership", building trust by putting your team first, and bringing out the best in those around you.
- You are able to tailor individual coaching plans based on a person's skills, attributes, and career objectives – giving feedback, setting goals and challenging their team to meet them.
- You are able to demonstrate exemplary communication standards that take into account situation, audience, and tone. You are able to understand the subtleties of how effective communication is applied actively and – when required – passively.
- You are able to demonstrate strong emotional intelligence and be empathetic to those around them. You are able to understand the motivations, anxieties, and interests of their teams. You understand the aspects of a healthy, inclusive and safe culture.
- You are able to demonstrate a strategic mindset that is flexible, realistic and goal-oriented. You are able to balance both short-term and long-term objectives, and how timing, focus, and execution are used to achieve desired outcomes.
Life at THE ICONIC...
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible and in line with government Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, our team members are operating in a hybrid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.