We are Ocado Technology. We are building the software which powers our next-generation robotic picking and storage solution. This solution is a core component of our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) which are offered as part of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP).
As part of Advanced Technologies, the Perception Robotics department aims to automate physical processes, that require sensing, judgment, and object manipulation through the use of robotics and machine vision.
As a Team Leader in our new Blue Sort Integration team, you will:
- Grow, develop and lead a team (8+) of backend software engineers that actively participate in the end-to-end delivery of custom integration solutions.
- Work closely with the product owners, solution teams, and enterprise client representatives to plan and lead integration missions from initiation till closure.
- Design and implement microservices that live on-prem and in the cloud to manage the communication between the existing autonomous sort robotics product and different customer warehouse management systems (WMSs). These services will be written predominantly in Go and Python.
- Actively contribute to decisions related to our CI/CD infrastructure to constantly improve how we design, develop, test, and deploy our software.
- Effectively communicate with other teams and stakeholders across Ocado locations (Product Teams, Research teams, UX, other R&D teams, etc.).
- Work closely with Ocado Sofia dev center leadership to build a great place to work (contributing to processes like recruitment, branding, induction, etc.).
Requirements for the position:
- Strong and deep technical hands-on background in building microservice driven, enterprise-grade solutions in Go, Python or Java
- Strong technical hands-on background in building enterprise-grade backend systems.
- Organisational and interpersonal skills with a can-do, positive mindset
- Architectural awareness for systems that are dynamically evolving and are built to last (micro-services, messaging, API design, DB solutions, networking, security, scalability, monitoring, logging)
- To “feel at home” working with CI/CD processes to test and deploy containerised services on-prem and in the cloud (AWS)
- Deep knowledge in software testing and related processes and tooling.
- Internal motivation to achieve our common vision as a team
- Robotics or automation experience
- Simulation experience
- Software Project Management Experience
- AI-related experience
- AWS and Google Cloud solutions knowledge
In return we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about Ocado Technology and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.