The Software Engineer-Tester will focus on full-lifecycle software integration and testing, but may also support design, develop, code, test, and debug complex new software products, or make significant enhancements to existing software. The ideal candidate is a hands-on developer with significant experience in software and software system testing, automated testing suites, and automated build/deployment tools. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- 3-5 years of related software testing experience
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks like Selenium
- Hands-on experience with automated build/deploy tools like Jenkins
- DevOps experience building and deploying cloud infrastructure with technologies like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Python, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with Elastic Search and relational databases.
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers and other engineers
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software systems and application issues.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other developers and engineers on the team to sustain and advance our organization’s capabilities
Active DoD TS/SCI & appropriate level polygraph required for this position.
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
*Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Parental leave
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit share/contribution (4%) and employer match (up to 4%) for a total of 8%.
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
- Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.