CLEAR transforms what is uniquely you – your fingerprints, your face, your eyes – into a secure, biometric key to frictionless experiences. We are creating a world where travel is effortless, where accessing your office building is as simple as walking in, and where shopping is as easy as walking in and out of a store—without ever once showing an ID or credit card. CLEAR currently powers secure, frictionless customer experiences in nearly 40 U.S. airports and venues. With over 3 million members so far, CLEAR is the identity platform of the future, today.
CLEAR is looking for a Software Innovation Engineer to join the Technology team in NYC. In this role, you’ll be responsible for building cutting-edge applications from the ground up for Airports and Sports verticals. These applications will help travelers & sports fan save countless hours by helping them catch their flights & get to their games quicker . We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology, stays on top of the latest trends within the field, and loves to engage with the developer community. You’ll do the best work of your career.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with a team of security domain experts, data scientists, product engineers and product managers to create new products and technologies.
- Support the product team by designing and building prototypes for emerging products and explore new technology stacks
- Projects may include but are not limited to: building product prototypes, advanced customizations and algorithms, detection techniques and production services.
Who You Are:
- You have full-stack engineering experience, familiarity with multiple modern backend frameworks and deep experience with one or more front-end toolchains.
- You have knowledge of a variety of programming languages to solve a variety of problems from web applications to low-level algorithm development. Specific skills needed depends on role, but we use Python frameworks.
- You are familiar with multiple cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS, Google, Heroku, CloudFoundry) and substantial experience deploying and maintaining production apps.
- You like exploring emerging technologies and you want to be part of a collaborative innovation lab: experience both heads down coding time as well as active participation in consumer research, ideation, and product design.
- You are passionate about building and iterating on software prototypes, thrive in start-up and/or R&D environment. You are always looking to sharpen your skills with emerging technology or participating in hackathons and meetups
- You have the desire and capability to learn and understand new technologies quickly.
- You are comfortable working under general guidance with minimal close supervision