The QA Engineer will play a vital role in testing software applications, supporting the design and release of high-quality software products for the passenger transportation, law and waste industry (web applications related to audio / video capture, video processing and media management in general). The QA Engineer will have strong logic and analytical skills and be responsible for all aspects of test suite & environment preparation, software testing, test case automation and test results reporting.
- Develop Functional and System Integration Test Scenarios based on analysis of Business Requirements and user stories.
- Create and maintain detailed test plans and test cases
- Perform both manual and automated testing to ensure that all project deliverables meet product requirements.
- Perform functional and regression tests on new products and changes to existing products
- Provide input back to engineering early in the product requirement definition phases, ensuring the requirements make sense, are unambiguous, and testable.
- Work with business stakeholders to develop testing scenarios that are focused on usability, not just focused on technical requirements; develop usability focused end to end test scenarios / workflows
- Provide clear and concise defect / bug reports; capable of independently facilitating defect triage meetings
- Provide support to production support teams to recreate and resolve production issues
- Develop and apply testing processes for new or existing products to meet client needs
- Follow standards for documenting and communicating QA activities, testing activities and test results
- Work on multiple projects and software releases, including integration, system, regression, and user-acceptance testing
- Work closely with QA Test Lead, project team, and support other QA test resources whenever required to execute tests and report QA/testing activities
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a passion for Quality and a good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to concisely articulate the findings from your testing.
- 3+ years of software product testing experience
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence and Zephyr is desirable
- Technical expertise with a wide range of software development methods and tools
- Familiarity with Selenium Web Driver for WEB UI automation.
- Action-oriented; have the ability to learn new technologies & quickly put them in action
- Experience testing both web applications and native mobile applications is desirable.
- Experience working in both Agile/Lena and Waterfall development methodologies is desirable.
- Must be action-oriented, have the ability to learn new technologies and quickly put them in action
- Experience working on public safety focused applications is desirable.
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills
SAFE FLEET owns a portfolio of brands committed to saving life and property, reducing accidents and improving employee efficiency and job satisfaction.
Our VISION is to be the leading global provider of safety solutions for fleet vehicles.
We develop, manufacture and sell best in class high performance safety related products. Our products provide increased functionality and integrated solutions for fleet vehicle manufacturers and operators.
COBAN Technologies and Mobile Vision are divisions of Safe Fleet specializing in Video Solutions.
If chosen for this position, you will be joining the leading provider of body worn cameras and in-car video solutions. Our products are used by several of the largest police agencies in the USA. We capture, transfer, store and manage petabytes of video evidence utilizing the latest technologies, including wearables, Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud SaaS, storage area networks, mobile applications, IP video, and video streaming.
What are we looking for?
This is a permanent full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Compensation is base salary. We also offer Paid Time Off, Health & Dental Benefits Package, Life Insurance & 401K Savings Plan).