As a Quality Assurance Engineer on the Feature QA team, you will work with engineering teams to lead all aspects of quality within the project development lifecycle. Some of the projects that you may contribute to include: helping teams to plan successful projects and identify risks through test plans, improving the process of identifying, escalating and ultimately resolving customer pain points, triaging inbound customer defect reports and helping our team understand priority relative to our current initiatives, and testing newly developed code as the last line of defense before it is released to our customers.
- Ensure that our released code is of an extremely high quality
- Partner with your engineering feature team to write and execute test plans
- File bugs, and communicate with the team about quality issues
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Advocate for our customer needs with team leads
- Expand our end-to-end automated test coverage
- Interact with Sales and Support to triage inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues
- Teach and share quality best practices and product expertise with the team
- Work with the broader Engineering and Product Management teams to identify high-impact issues
THE SKILL SET
- 1-3 years of experience, entry-level role in QA
- General facility with technology, able to learn new technologies quickly
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to anticipate problemsExcellent communication skills
- Commitment to quality
- A positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
- Extremely self-motivated; able to identify opportunities for improvement and tackle them
- Programming experience a plus but not required
Eventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.