PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020 and are growing 3x annually, reaching 4 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2022.
You’ll be joining the mission to bring PayJoy financing to the unbanked around Latin America and the world! You will work across our product suite including our core locking technology, our consumer-facing mobile apps and our B2B2C-oriented web products. This team's mission is to expand the compatibility of our core Lock App to more Android OEMs. In addition to testing our Android Lock App, you'll also work with internal partner engineers around the world to ensure our customers have a great experience.
Our business depends on broad compatibility of our locking technology and mobile apps across the global market's most desirable devices. Our consumers rely on us for fair evaluation and execution of their loan applications. When your team succeeds, the impact to PayJoy's business will be clear to see. You'll partner directly with others throughout PayJoy to understand our market, our customers and our external partners.
As an experienced tester, you've led the quality efforts for many projects through many product cycles. You are comfortable creating and executing test plans, getting input from developers, advocating for the customer experience and gathering and triaging issue reports from the field. You are a skilled collaborator, knowing how to be an effective partner to engineers, PMs, and managers across the company.
- Test automation across Android and Web products (both B2C and B2B2C)
- Create test plan and test cases based on business requirements
- Closely work with customer support team to setup test environment to reproduce field issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot unusual smartphone behavior and performance issues by working directly with end consumers, the PayJoy support team and Product and Engineering Teams
- Collaborate with engineers, customer support and the product manager to maintain the quality of the apps
- Estimate, prioritize and plan testing for releases
- 6+ years of quality assurance or test engineering experience, 4+ years of experience testing Android Applications and 4+ years of experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) products and/or AOSP integration
- Experience with using ADB, Shell Commands
- Knowledge of developer tools - Android Studio, Charles Proxy
- Experience troubleshooting and reproducing issues with customers and other Support teams. Aptitude to break things - finding bugs, security exploits and UX issues
- Company-funded health, dental, and vision insurance for employee and immediate family
- Company-funded employee life and disability insurance
- 401k contribution
- Company holidays; 15 days of vacation (20 at 3rd year); unlimited sick leave
- Annual fitness benefit ($500); professional development benefit ($2000), and international travel benefit ($2000)
- Commuter benefit
- Headphone benefit
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed