Software Quality Engineering Manager - QA
MapR is looking for seasoned and passionate Quality Engineering Manager who helps to define and drive QA test strategies in testing MapR’s next generation UI platform which includes MapR administration console, MapR metrics & analytics and Web UI installer for both on-premise and cloud installation support.
The successful candidate will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing, able to develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy. This manager should be highly customer focused, obsessed with quality improvement, with a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations. He or she must be a strong hands on manager with good technical experience and the ability to drive against a high level test strategy based on a data driven quality approach. The manager will be a strong quality advocate with a good planning and optimization mindset.
- Leads a team from test planning through production launch of the entire portfolio of UI platform’s products
- Builds and expands an effective test organization by driving the recruiting, hiring and development of QA staff
- Manages the effort to design, implement, execute and maintain test plans and test strategies
- Develops metrics for assessing the quality of delivered project, analyzes trends, researches anomalies and summarizes findings
- Develop and execute against a solid automation strategy for delivering the highest quality product releases.
- Partner with Dev, UX, PM and PgM to design and execute project plan in agile methodologies to ensure quality release and effective cross functional communication
- Partner with other QA managers and teams on designing and implementing company wide quality initiatives and enhancements
* Bacholar degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
* 8+ years of industry experience of enterprise software testing, web testing and large scale distributed system testing, and 3+ years as a manager
* Strong people management skills with a proven ability to hire and grow talented, programmatic and user-level personnel
* Strong communication skills - both written and oral. Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
* Have a working knowledge of Web application protocol and its design
* Experience in web application testing with large scale & distributed backend.
* Experience developing efficient quality automation frameworks for Web application and its infrastructures.
* Experience with SOASTA, Selenium, Cucumber is a plus.
* Skill in debugging architectural problems in automation setups and test results
* Experience working in a Linux/Unix development environment
* Experience with cloud computing platform such as AWS and Microsoft Azure in orchestration, deployment and integration perspectives
MapR Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has been filled or removed by MapR.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Software Quality Engineering Manager - QA job post.✕