Working at Adaptavist
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
Adaptavist’s mission is to help organizations embrace the right tools, processes, and culture to make transformation their competitive advantage. And it all starts with you.
Working at Adaptavist is unlike any other job you’ve ever had. We trust you from day one. We encourage curiosity. We champion diversity. We’re never afraid to try something new.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that you can now fit work around your life, instead of trying to fit your life around work. You can even take as much vacation as you want. Yes, really!
As part of The Adaptavist Group, we make up a family of brands that combine people, processes, and technology to make businesses better. Offering trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing, we believe our unique and open culture underpins our status as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
Some of our benefits in Canada include:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Canada Life Care including Life Insurance, Healthcare and Dental Care
- RRSP matching up to 4%
- Flexible working
- Udemy online learning
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteer days
- Free online streaming service subscription
About the team
You will be joining one of Adaptavist’s Product Support teams, and working alongside various cross-functional teams. We are a global team with members primarily based in the UK, Malaysia, Spain and with the introduction of this role, North America! Despite the geographical challenges, we remain a collaborative and communicative team with a heavy focus on development and internal growth.
About the role
As the Software Support Engineer, you will help support our growing customer base on a global scale. Our Support Engineers are responsible for ensuring our customers receive world-class support, enabling them to get the most out of our products. They are also responsible for feeding back into the SDLC by flagging bugs and suggesting new features. As a team, we cover APAC, EMEA and AMER hours, which enables the Product Support Team to provide 24/7 support to our customers.
What you'll be doing
- Helping customers to troubleshoot and diagnose technical problems they may experience when using Adaptavist products
- Testing and reproducing customer problems in a local instance
- Advising customers how to resolve technical problems that they may experience
- Creating bug reports and feature requests to improve our products
- Understanding Groovy and Java scripting languages
- Outlining best practices to customers
- Upholding the support standards outlined in our Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Collaborating with other Support Engineers and Developers to diagnose, reproduce and resolve technical problems
- Helping customers quickly understand how our products help their business
- Communicating with customers through our support portals and other tools
- Providing world-class customer service experience for all Adaptavist customers
What we're looking for
- Experience in programming
- Experience in a customer-facing role in a technical environment
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understood in text and pictures
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
A few nice to haves
- Experience in Java or Groovy
- Experience in supporting cloud environment
- Experience in with Terminal commands (grep, ls, top, cd, chmod, chown)
- Bachelor's degree in Computing Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Atlassian products
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!