Arcanys launched in 2010 to help entrepreneurs and innovators from Australia, Europe and other parts of the globe accelerate their software development with dedicated remote engineers from the Philippines (and, more recently, Bulgaria).
Why work with us?
There’s a unique spirit to Arcanys—manifested in our amazing talents, passion for technology, and a strong focus on everyone’s career and personal development. As a company rooted in people, we make a point to offer exciting work opportunities and foster a culture that everyone can meaningfully contribute to.
Join us as a: Software Test Engineer
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Test products before they are released to the market
- Be involved in the whole software lifecycle and provide inputs from your unique point of view as a QA
- Collaborate with people of different nationalities to exchange ideas and give valuable feedback on how to implement features and how to test them
- Create test plans and be involved in risk analysis for the product and the project
- Design and write test cases on how to test (and break) a product
- Use different techniques of testing (from static testing to black-box testing to exploratory testing, etc.) to guarantee product quality
- Come up with and integrate new practices and processes that improve overall test and product quality
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience
What you’ll need to succeed:
- You are passionate about testing and excited to test products before they are released to the market
- You are knowledgeable and well-versed in the QA process and with a minimum 4 years of working experience as a test engineer
- Test planning, test case creation, and test execution experience
- UI testing experience, preferably in mobile and/or web application projects
- Experience working in Scrum or other iterative software development environment
- Willing and able to work as a team member in multiple Scrum projects at the same time
- You are proactive and have the initiative to work without supervision
- You have great attention to detail, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience leading a team of testers (senior)
- Willing and able to mentor less experienced testers about testing practices and approaches (senior)
- Good interpersonal and English communication skills
- Relevant educational background
It’s Great if you have:
- Test automation experience and familiarity with some test automation tools
- Programming skills or previous programming experience
We like to make sure the talent is well taken care of, and here are just some of the benefits you will enjoy:
- Top compensation based on expertise – we are only looking for top talent and pay accordingly.
- Long-term work from home + allowances - we let you work from the comfort of your home + amazing allowances you get to enjoy!
- Reimbursable allowance of up to 15K for your home office setup
- Standard 5-day work week from Monday to Friday.
- Flexible working schedule. You can choose your working hours (within reason).
- Flat management style and open-door policy - no micromanagement and your voice are being heard!
- Work with the latest technologies - you can hone your skills and work with Australian and European clients + a chance to earn more through our self-training program.
- Enrolment to HMO for a maximum of 3 immediate dependents on your 1st day.
- Incentive-based wellness program.
- Toastmasters, English Classes, and other learning opportunities.
- Free consultations with Arcanys registered nutritionist-dietitians.
- Free access to our very own Arcanys CrossFit gym (or get a company-sponsored membership in a different gym, whichever suits your needs best)