Praxis Engineering has Software Tester/QA (all levels) opportunities on PRIME Programs supporting our local VA Customer in the NoVA area
***This is a representative requisition for multiple openings/contracts. For more details on current openings please contact [email protected]***
What you will be doing
Develops and executes test plans, procedures and scenarios for unit, process, function, system integration and acceptance testing. Consults with the development and/or requirements team to coordinate and test applications. Develops schedules. Creates automated test scripts. Work with Selenium test tools. Tests existing applications for compliance with upgrades. Ensures new applications and software modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in the system environment. Ensures that the software interfaces with both new and existing systems. May build test environments to include configuring and installing appropriate software. Writes detailed test plans, procedures and scenarios.
Documents the successes and failures of all executed test procedures. Maintains currency on tools, methodologies, technologies and programming languages. Automated test engineer responsible for software quality assurance and metrics for functional, integration, and performance testing across a variety of projects. Must be familiar with software development life cycle and test-driven development. Focus is on building automated testing tools for rapid re-use in a variety of environments, previous software development experience is a plus. Familiarity with testing across back-end, service tier, and presentation layers, including a variety of graphical user interfaces.
What we look for in the ideal candidate:
At least 3 years experience as a software quality assurance specialist/applications tester is required, to include the following demonstrated experience:
- Experience with Selenium, test automation to include test script generation, Perl/other scripting languages, testing legacy flagship applications, Unix/Linux/Windows, running manual/functional tests, rational/functional testing, JMeter, XML, SOAP, SQL, Widgets and/or ExtJS technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with Customer processes and procedures is highly desirable
TS/SCI with appropriate polygraph
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD – with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With nearly 400 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
*Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We’ve been profitable year after year. We’re always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the…
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Parental leave
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit share/contribution (4%) and employer match (up to 4%) for a total of 8%.
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
- Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, SANS, Black Hat and DefCon.
Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.