Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product since 2018, and are growing rapidly
Are you a passionate and driven Solution Engineer looking to work with a high performing Business Development team to provide our customers with mission critical state-of-the-art AI products? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission-driven and values-focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As a Solution Engineer you will fill a critical role for technical content generation for the Business Development and Business Operations teams. You’ll have the opportunity to work with developers, product managers, and sales teams to define and lead technical strategy throughout deal cycles.
What you'll do:
- Alongside the BD team, you will present and evoke confidence in our technology for critical DoD and special operations customers
- Support customer engagements that remove technical objections from sales cycles, and highlight the benefits of AI for maneuver
- Write, edit, single-voice, and format proposal documents and collateral related to artificial intelligence and Unmanned Aerial Systems
- Interview content and subject matter experts, and translate information into accurate, clear and concise prose
People we're looking for have the following required education and experience:
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years prior relevant experience, preferably in a high tech industry
- Demonstrated understanding of technical concepts and solutions related to Artificial Intelligence and Unmanned Aerial Systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and workload management skills
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with DoD solicitations, preferably as a government contractor
- Demonstrated understanding of specific Army/Navy/etc. operational scenarios and systems
- Strong research and analysis skills and business acumen
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
If you're interested in being part of an engineering team that works hard, loves to have fun, and is working on some truly meaningful, challenging work; apply now and we can chat further!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.