At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in action—giving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka®.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
Solutions Architects drive customer success by helping them realise business value from the burgeoning flow of realtime data streams in their organizations. In this role you’ll interact directly with our customers to provide software architecture, development and operations expertise, leveraging deep knowledge of best practices in the use of Apache Kafka, the broader Confluent Platform, and complementary systems like Hadoop, Spark, Storm, relational databases, and various NoSQL databases.
Throughout all of these interactions, you’ll build strong relationships with customers, ensure exemplary delivery standards, and have a lot of fun building state-of-the-art streaming data infrastructure alongside colleagues who are widely recognized as leaders in this space.
Promoting Confluent and our amazing team to the community and wider public audience is something we invite all our employees to take part in. This can be in the form of writing blog posts, speaking at meetups and well known industry events about use cases and best practices, or as simple as releasing code.
A typical week at Confluent in this role may involve
- Preparing for an upcoming engagement, discussing the goals and expectations with the customer and preparing an agenda
- Researching best practices or components required for the engagement
- Delivering an engagement on-site, working with the customer’s architects and developers in a workshop environment
- Producing and delivering the post-engagement report to the customer
- Project work that may involve building tooling for another team, performance testing components for Engineering or improving documentation and knowledge base articles
- Honing your skills, building applications and trying out new features
Required skills and experience
- Excellent technical skills and industry experience are a must, as you’ll be representing Confluent Inc, working with some of the best companies and sharpest minds. Credibility is key, in the knowledge and skills you’ll be calling on and delivering to customers. We don’t expect everyone who joins us to be Kafka experts, but we do want to see some tentpole achievements and skills.
- Deep experience designing, building, and operating in-production Big Data, stream processing, and/or enterprise data integration solutions using Apache Kafka
- Exceptional interpersonal communications capabilities demonstrated through a history of successful B2B infrastructure software development projects
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems and proven ability do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or an engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative field
- Proficiency in Java
- Use of Amazon Web Services for running high throughput systems
- Skilled in operating Linux, you know how to configure, tune and troubleshoot both RedHat & Debian based distributions
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to client engagements
There are always extra skills that can give you an edge, not necessarily just in technology:
- Previous experience building solutions that use Apache Kafka alongside Hadoop, relational and NoSQL databases, message queues, and related products
- Scala, Python or Go experience
- Commercial acumen, experience working alongside commercial teams
- Prior experience working for a technology startup
- Project management experience, working with any known methodology and more importantly, being able to scope, manage and deliver on a plan no matter how simple or complex
Here's what we can offer you:
- Unlimited Holiday
- Delicious Food on us (twice a week)
- Accelerated Career growth to match ours.
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
Hard working, you get things done
Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.