At Showpad, we’re focused on empowering others to be at their best. As a business, we provide sales and marketing teams with the software and support they need to enable their teams, drive more revenue and deliver incredible buying experiences. And as an employer, we provide our employees with opportunities to grow, make a meaningful impact and bring their authentic selves to work.
Our culture stems from our values which center on achieving maximum impact for our customers and being our authentic selves in all that we do. We make decisions with results in mind, while ensuring we create a workplace environment that fosters global collaboration, diversity and passion for what you do. We’re a team of authentic, good-natured ass-kickers and we’ve been recognized as a top workplace by Built in Chicago and Inc. Magazine.
Founded in 2011, Showpad is now a team of more than 450 people working from our headquarters in Ghent and Chicago or regional offices in Brussels, London, Munich, Portland San Francisco and Wroclaw.
About the position
As a Solutions Engineer you will play an essential role in Showpad as you will have a massive impact on its growth. Our sales team shares the Showpad success story with organizations around the world and helps them understand the value Showpad offers to align Sales and Marketing. As an additional resource to the Sales team, the Solutions Engineer role is vital to assisting the Sales team grow.
Key Responsibilities as a Solutions Engineer at Showpad
- Collaborate with the Account Executives in proving value of our Showpad solution, question customer’s status quo and uncover our prospects' pains
- Ability to demonstrate value of Showpad through Product Demos
- Create custom demo environments based on customer use case
- Be the technical resource around CRM, SSO, MDM, API & other related technology
- Understand customer technology stack and how Showpad can fit into their Ecosystem
- Manage a portfolio of trial implementation and projects on schedule to ensure trial converts to customer
- Scope projects, create SOWs and partner with Account Executives to enhance sales process
- Be a trusted advisor among internal and external constituents (up to C level) based on program management, product and solution knowledge
- Define and refine standard work plan for projects
- Optimize communication and ensure effective knowledge transfer and hand-offs to support post implementation
Skills and qualifications we are looking for
- 4-8 years of experience in a sales engineering, solutions engineering, or technical consultant role (SaaS experience preferred)
- Exposure into fast-moving sales cycles
- Experience calling on decision makers and C-Level executives (Selling to Marketing executives is preferred).
- Strong ability to find solutions based on abstract data and information
- A sales mindset and ability to match the Showpad value proposition with prospect’s pains
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce preferred)
- Desire to build a career in a customer-facing technical role (e.g. technical account manager, sales engineer, solutions engineer)
- Foundational knowledge of API, SSO, MDM is preferred but not required
- To know the ins and outs of most relevant marketing file types such as PDF, video, PPT, HTML, etc.
- Strong project management, organizational & people management skills
- Understanding or knowledge of the sales enablement space
- Experience in selling into highly competitive market
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving and risk management skills
- Multi-task oriented with desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Commitment to providing an exceptional customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technical or business discipline
What You Can Expect From Showpad
Our culture is centered on our values: be humble, take ownership, be passionate, be transparent, keep it simple and grow together. Global collaboration is in our DNA and we're committed to immersing ourselves in a truly diverse environment where differences are not only welcomed, but valued.