At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Our Solutions Engineers are the primary technical field experts, responsible for actively driving and managing the technical part of a sales engagement. We are looking for someone to cover the Mid-Atlantic Region.
The goal of the Solutions Engineer is to support the rapidly growing Couchbase user community and help drive customer success. In this exciting role, you will become an expert explaining NoSQL advantages, how Couchbase Server works and how it can be used to solve the customer’s problems; all with a good dose of getting customers excited about using this new approach for fast & scalable databases.
- Show customers how to solve their problems and meet their requirements with Couchbase Server and get them excited about NoSQL database technology
- Work closely with the sales team on account strategy and identifying additional opportunities in existing accounts
- Ensuring the success of customer POC / Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution
- Developing and delivering exceptional company/product presentations and demonstrations
- Work with all technical levels from managers, to architects and developers and explain Couchbase Server and its uses
- Be the technical product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on the NoSQL competitive landscape
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to provide feedback from the field and represent the customer perspective
- Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, like typical deployment architectures or best practices
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- 3+ years experience with traditional RDBMS including schema modeling, performance tuning and configuration
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Hands-on administration and troubleshooting experience with x86 operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS), networking and storage architectures
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases or other distributed high-performance systems
- Pre-sales support experience in the NoSQL industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely from small to large audience
- Experience engaging with developers and programming experience in at least one of the following: Java/.NET/PHP
- Demonstrated passion for diving into technical issues and solving customer problems
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities
- Well organized, can engage with many customers at the same time
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time is required