We are on the brink of the next industrial revolution and Oden is using our technologies to usher in the new era of manufacturing.
We’re on a mission to eliminate waste in manufacturing. Manufacturing has long been an analog world, but this has changed, now manufacturers are overloaded with data but few insights.
We empower engineering and operations leaders to find and solve and prevent quality and performance issues through our advanced analytics and pre-built ML models. Through our manufacturing analytics platform, we bring a new level of efficiency, sustainability and competitiveness to the people who make our world.
Why We Do It:
We like to enable those who make things - to make more, to waste less, to serve their customers, and to thrive in a competitive world. Help enough makers, and the world can give us all the abundance we want for less cost and environmental impact. We’re on the verge of a 4th industrial revolution that begs for absolute efficiency in all factors of life. We plan to deliver that to everyone who makes things.
- Care about the mission of the product and company.
- Are never satisfied with the way things are, but excited about the way things could be.
- Embrace data and different technologies and want to see how they can work together.
- Empathize with customer needs and enjoy novel ways of posing and solving their problems.
- Live by transparent and scientific thinking. You put in the work to find the best ideas with those around you.
- Are happy to put on steel toe boots and hit the factory floor to work with the production manager.
As a Solutions Engineer, you’ll apply your critical thinking and technical skills to help organizations identify what data sources they need to integrate into Oden, and help them implement the integrations in a way that drives value for their business. Solutions Engineers work directly with customers to quickly understand their factory systems, infrastructure, and data model, then implement these customer-side solutions to integrate relevant data with Oden. Manufacturers face all sorts of challenges from performance and process optimization to quality improvement and scrap reduction. By iterating quickly with customers and creating something impactful on the order of days or weeks, Solutions Engineers play a critical role in enabling one of Oden’s key value propositions, time-to-value.
- Meet with customers to understand their infrastructure
- Work with our solutions architecture team to build out an architecture that allows a factory site to integrate with the Oden platform
- Develop best-practices and reusable tools to drive rapid integrations and scaling across multiple plants and customers
- Execute solutions with customers and support the various steps of the implementation
- Work with key stakeholders to identify gaps and recommend solutions
- Work with automation engineers and systems integrators to execute integrations
- Various troubleshooting and support activities to achieve complete integrations
- Hands-on implementation and configuration of integrations using commercial factory systems such as Kepware, Ignition, OPC Router, and others.
- 3+ years experience working in enterprise environments on digital transformation projects, integration, and adoption either as a Consultant or Lean Expert, or as a solutions engineer for a 3rd-party SaaS vendor. Experience working in manufacturing is a plus. ETL processing of reports and data entry forms
- Programming experience:
- Scripting (powershell, bash, python, or similar)
- Writing SQL queries
- Making REST API calls
- Experience with the following technologies
- Windows and Linux Operating Systems and administration
- Enterprise networking, troubleshooting, architecture
- Deploying and troubleshooting remote applications
- Strong writing skills for creating technical documentation
- Experience in process optimization or change management and ability to help guide customers to own solution after implementation
- Excellent communication skills
- Curiosity and enthusiasm about technology
- Strong project management and self-organization skills
- Ability to multi-task across multiple clients & priorities
- Comfort in a startup environment - ability to move quickly and wear many hats
What We Offer You:
- Measurable impact on the world and the chance to help real people - family businesses, entrepreneurs, engineers.
- An opportunity to build lasting, collaborative relationships with visionary C-level clients in the manufacturing, Industry 4.0, and AI spaces
- A platform that has the potential to evolve beyond what we have envisioned now.
- Scientific and transparent thinking, for everyone involved.
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Diversity at Oden means building a team that is rich across all boundaries of race, ethnicity, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age and thinking style. We welcome all backgrounds, life experiences, and worldviews as this is the catalyst for the rapid evolution of our product and our organization. Diversity allows us to tackle new challenges, embrace change, make well-informed decisions, and ultimately Make Things Better. In alignment with our “People First” company value, Oden has a passionate internal team dedicated to the promotion of diversity and inclusion initiatives as a core component of our culture.
Our diversity initiatives apply to our practices and policies on recruiting, compensation and benefits; professional development; promotions; social activities, and the ongoing development of a psychologically safe work environment.