Qualis Corporation is seeking highly qualified Space Systems Engineers with demonstrated qualifications and proven experience in Space Systems to include MILSATCOM, Global Positioning System, Space Based Infrared, and Joint Space Operations Center Mission System, and space weather systems. These positions will assist with test design, planning, execution data analysis/system characterization and associated reporting for operational test and evaluation. These positions will be filled at Buckley Space Force Base, CO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform analysis of the system
- Perform analysis of test capabilities
- Identify test capability requirements
- Identify test capability shortfalls
- Develop methodologies and tools
- Identify mission critical functions and equipment
- Estimate potential impacts of threats upon functions and equipment
- Design tests using Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Identify potential mission impacts
- Review, analyze and report to test director status of Systems Program Office (SPO), and developmental contractor’s systems documentation
- Analyze subsystem’s technology readiness levels
- Assist in translating user requirements into program/system requirements
- Identify the System Program Office's (SPO) plans for Developmental Test (DT)
- Identify deficiencies in DT plans and data requirements that must be addressed in OT
- Identify OT data that can be collected during DT events (Integrated Testing)
- Identify appropriate test tools and methods required to conduct OT
- Participate in and represent OT interests during Integrated Testing
- Participate in dedicated OT events
- Analyze, characterize system performance and report results of OT and IT&E events
- Must have minimum of 15 years’ experience in space systems, missile warning, satellite communications, global positioning system, space situational awareness, or overhead persistent infrared systems is desired.
- Background in operational testing highly desired.
- SPACE 200 and SPACE 300 training, highly desired
- Position requires practical application of:
- Satellite operations, specifically how these operations may impact operational testing
- Various space systems, as operator will be utilized as subject matter expert
- Must exemplify a dedication to achieving the mission of the customer as well as high standards of quality and excellence in performing the duties.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment while being able to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Must have the ability to quickly understand the customers’ overall technical objectives and mission and provide effective solutions.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills along with customer interaction and presentation capabilities.
- Must be able to work effectively alone, unsupervised, or within a group.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance required. Must be SCI eligible.
- Must be able to maintain level of clearance required for this position.
Qualis Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse and talented workforce who can contribute to the mission and vision of the Company. Our employees are our greatest asset and we promote a positive work environment, teamwork, professional growth, innovation, community involvement, flexible scheduling and a family-friendly work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled and a Participant in E-Verify