LeoStella is a joint venture between Spaceflight Industries and Thales Alenia Space. We are a state-of-the-art small satellite design and manufacturing company located just south of Seattle, WA, redefining how high-quality satellite constellations are built at scale.
Life after earth – be a part of the machine that builds the machine, scaling spacecraft production with a small dedicated team and a singular vision to open up entrepreneurial access to space.
To support a growing team, LeoStella requires an experienced, creative, and energetic developer to create flight software that drives mission execution and success. We need an exceptional individual contributor who enjoys working very closely with hardware in an agile and dynamic environment where schedules are critical.
As an embedded software engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of mission flight software in an embedded orbital system. You will develop flight software programming and unit testing in a real-time Linux OS environment. You’ll work closely with aerospace systems and hardware engineers to review designs, help specify requirements, and implement spacecraft behavior.
To be successful in this position, you will need to be passionate about delivering exceptional products that meet or exceed requirements and enable new capabilities for satellite performance. This passion will fuel your self-motivation to push tasks to ultimate completion. You will also need to enjoy working in a collaborative environment and work daily with engineers from multiple disciplines – systems, electrical, etc. You must be eager to receive and give peer feedback that enables our high performing team to be greater than the sum of its parts.
- Develop and document software requirements and verification plans; develop software use-cases
- Support development of software architecture
- Design and develop and test flight software code and related test scripts
- Ensure that adequate test, inspection, and analysis reports verify compliance with the requirements
- Support major customer reviews of software integration & test efforts
- Resolve bugs found by yourself, other developers, test engineers, systems engineers, production, or operations
- Bachelor of Science or greater in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience delivering and maintaining commercial software in a production environment
- Expertise with Linux and C
- Knowledge of Python and C++
- Familiarity with software version control management tools such as Git
- Passion for working closely with hardware
- Excellent interpersonal skills and belief in a strong collaborative approach within a multi-disciplinary team
- Must be a U.S. Citizen due to government regulation of the space industry
- Experience in high reliability, safety-critical, or regulated environments
- Knowledge of FPGA (e.g. VHDL)
- Experience with requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, DOORs, etc.)
- Experience with software scheduling and tasking tools (e.g. Jira)
- Experience with integrating open source software with internal development
- Capability to use electrical measurement equipment i.e.: function generators, oscilloscopes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.