SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SPACEPORT RESTAURANT SUPERVISOR - TEMPORARY
The role of Hospitality Supervisor will be to support the direction and management of the organization’s food/beverage operations and customer service activities. You will help develop and implement effective customer service strategies and training programs. The duties of Hospitality Supervisor will include but are not limited to; coordinating service operations, monitoring and motivating staff, ensuring excellent customer service, engaging with customers, hiring and developing talent, ensuring team is current with all mandatory company trainings, scheduling and payroll, interviewing, hiring and onboarding of new staff, setting and upholding customer service principles. Hospitality Supervisor will support the mission by providing a foundation of understanding for excellent customer service and quality food/beverage options that boost morale and productivity within SpaceX.
- Oversees menu accuracy in multiple service formats
- Sets and enforces standards for hospitality operations
- Monitoring quality and consistency of food products in all service locations
- Maintaining clean and safe work stations throughout operation
- Trains staff on customer service, allergen and nutritional awareness
- Enforces proper food safety practices with staff and leads
- Coordinates and enhances time management for team
- Monitoring financial activities for Hospitality operations
- Creation and maintenance of in person and online training materials
- Performance management for hospitality staff
- Direct supervision of team of 8-12
This is a TEMPORARY position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months
- LOCATION: Boca Chica, TX
- SHIFT: 1st & 2nd, must be available for overtime and weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility is required
- High school diploma or GED
- 7+ years of leadership experience within the food service industry
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ Years of Restaurant General Manager experience
- Manager level food safety certification
- Experience opening new operations and/or creating operational procedures from the ground up
- Experience in Fine dining, casual and quick service restaurants
- Advanced knowledge of customer service and safe kitchen operations
- Advanced knowledge of beverage services including beer, wine, spirits
- Experienced with Microsoft office and outlook
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices
- Customer service or guest interaction experience
- Excellent knowledge of Food Service systems, ordering and inventory
- Experience in corporate environment
- Proficient knowledge of human resources management
- Ability to organize work for large groups in various service formats
- Strong time management skills
- Experience leading groups in large team settings of 10 or more staff members
- Experience working in SpaceX food service operation for 1+ years
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.