Who We Are:
We are Zearn, and we are on a mission to ensure that all children love and learn math!
Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization behind Zearn Math, the top-rated math learning platform used by 1 in 4 elementary-school and more than 1 million middle-school students nationwide. Zearn Math supports teachers with research-backed curriculum and digital lessons proven to double the learning gains of a typical year of instruction. Our instructional materials – including 450+ hours of digital math learning – are free for teachers and families. Zearn also offers school and district- and statewide licenses and professional development to support implementation.
Everything we do is driven by the belief that every kid can be a math kid. Learn more about us at www.Zearn.org.
We are looking for a talented, multi-tasking Spanish Translations Manager. In your role, you will oversee the Spanish translation of all our digital lessons. This role is part of our new Customizations team tasked with ensuring high-quality Spanish digital lessons that will meet the needs of multilingual learners in U.S. classrooms. The core team will include: a Spanish Translations Manager (you will ensure high-quality Spanish translations for our digital lessons and lead our QA process), Spanish Video Production Manager (who will ensure high-quality production of Spanish digital lessons), the Spanish Operations Manager (who lead our Content Management System work), and our State Program Manager (who will lead project management).
What This Role Will Do:
- Achieve customization goals on time
- Maintain Spanish translations calendar, understanding intermediate and milestone deadlines, mobilizing resources accordingly
- Ensure daily operations run smoothly
- Propose solutions in advance to Customizations Director for issues that may affect timeline or quality
- Prepare digital lessons for Spanish translation
- Create and maintain a Spanish translation style guide, taking into account the needs of K-8 students
- Create a process to ensure that the most up-to-date English video scripts and animation notes are ready for Spanish translation (along with leveraging the already translated Spanish Digital Notes for Students)
- Identify the student checkpoints and remediation pathways that will need to be translated in Spanish
- Manage external translation vendor(s)
- Allocate workload across the vendor(s) to achieve Spanish translation deadlines
- Review their work and coach for best practices, consistency, and improvements in both processes and quality of deliverables
- Onboard vendor(s), and train them on process improvements (as needed)
- Lead the quality assurance and review process of Spanish translations
- Provide quality assurance that the vendor translations will meet the needs of K-8 multilingual students in U.S. math classrooms (taking into account both the digital lesson translation and the existing Spanish translation student notes)
- Review the translated scripts with one of our state partners, to ensure approval before production begins
- Lead the internal review processes for each independent digital lesson from start to finish (fluency, guided practice, independent practice, bonus); answer questions from the Zearn team as needed
- Take ownership of all Spanish translations of our digital content, collaborating with Production, Product and Engineering Directors to ensure content is created intentionally according to best practices and identify issues or inefficiencies with our translation process
- Continuously improve Spanish content creation processes and collaborate on special projects as they arise
What You’ll Bring To The Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MA in Education preferred
- Fluent in Spanish (written and spoken)
- 3+ years translation and editorial experience in the K-12 education space strongly preferred (from English to Spanish)
- 3+ years of experience in project management, ideally within technology or education setting
- 2+ years people management experience
- Track record building deep product knowledge; excitement to understand and learn an existing and complex system
- A highly responsive and solution-oriented mindset; excited to identify and resolve problems related to a product
- Able to build positive relationships that facilitate the work of cross-functional teams, seamlessly conversing with content creators, engineers, and product managers
- Excellent time management, written communication, and attention to detail
- An obsessive inclination toward keeping things organized and making things better
- A commitment to Zearn’s mission of providing an exceptional education to all children
- A desire to join an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment at a high-growth organization
- The willingness to comply with Zearn's vaccination (subject to legally valid exemptions) and Personal Protective Equipment policies
This role is remote, but you may be asked to travel as needed for business or for team building purposes.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching, parental leave, and a generous PTO policy. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
Zearn is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
We may want to add a Bachelor's degree for education level.
TO APPLY: https://apply.workable.com/j/6B5640DA55