The National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) is the national membership organization for the nation’s federally qualified health centers (also known as FQHCs or Community Health Centers). Health centers are nonprofit, community-directed health clinics that provide access to high-quality, culturally competent, and comprehensive care to people living in medically underserved areas. NACHC strengthens the health center movement through advocacy, training, and technical assistance, clinical and operations support. NACHC is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
The IT department at the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) plays a critical role in supporting the organization's mission of promoting access to quality primary healthcare services for underserved populations. The NACHC IT department manages technology infrastructure, provides technical support, ensures network security, handles data management, develops software applications, strategizes IT initiatives, manages vendors, delivers training, and maintains governance and compliance.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Information Technology, the IT Support Specialist Tier 2 will be responsible for providing advanced technical support and troubleshooting assistance to end-users. They will handle complex technical issues that cannot be resolved by Tier 1 support and escalate tickets to the appropriate teams when necessary. The Tier 2 specialist will also contribute to knowledge management by documenting solutions and best practices.
1) Provide advanced technical support to end-users.
a) Respond to and resolve complex technical issues escalated from Tier 1 support.
b) Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network problems and provide solutions.
c) Assist with system and application configuration and provide guidance to end-users.
2) Perform system administration tasks.
a) Work closely with the Deputy Director, IT to install, configure, and maintain hardware and software components.
b) Monitor system performance and conduct routine
c) Coordinate with Deputy Director, IT and the IT team to implement system upgrades and patches.
3) Maintain and update the knowledge base.
a) Document solutions and best practices for common
b) Update the knowledge base with new troubleshooting
techniques and procedures.
c) Contribute to the development of user guides and training materials.
4) Collaborate with other IT teams.
a) Escalate tickets to the IT Manager when necessary.
b) Coordinate with Deputy Director, IT database administrators, and developers to resolve complex issues.
c) Participate in cross-functional projects to improve IT
infrastructure and services.
5) Provide training and guidance.
a) Assist in training new help desk support personnel.
b) Help with user training sessions on software applications
and IT tools.
c) Provide guidance and support to Tier 1 support staff.
6) Ensure customer satisfaction.
a) Communicate with end-users in a professional and courteous manner.
b) Follow up on resolved tickets to ensure customer satisfaction.
c) Continuously seek feedback to identify areas for improvement.
7) Adhere to IT policies, procedures, and security guidelines.
a) Follow established protocols for handling sensitive data and confidential information.
b) Comply with IT governance and compliance regulations.
c) Report any security incidents or breaches to the appropriate channels.
8) Maintain and monitor IT assets.
a) Track and manage hardware and software inventory.
b) Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance with licensing agreements.
c) Assist in asset procurement and disposal processes.
9) Stay current with emerging technologies and trends.
a) Keep abreast of emerging technologies and industry best
b) Share insights and recommendations with the IT team to improve processes and tools.
10) Provide on-call or after-hours support on a rotational basis.
Skills, Knowledge, and Expertise
· A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or equivalent education and 5-plus years of equivalent work experience.
· Understanding of IT systems, components, and infrastructures
· Experience with Help Desk ticketing system (required}
· Proficient in operating systems (Windows, macOS) and productivity software.
· Familiarity with network protocols and troubleshooting tools.
· Troubleshooting enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, and VPNs.
· Knowledge of IT systems, infrastructure, and operations.
· Detail-oriented with a focus on delivering high-quality solutions.
· Strong verbal and written communication.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Commitment to NACHC’s mission and pillars.
Relevant certifications in information technology or system administration
1. CompTIA A+ 2. Network+ 3. ITIL Foundation 4. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate 5. Microsoft Azure Fundamentals