WHO WE ARE:
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
Basically, we’re looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. We bring our whole selves to work and let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set strong goals, and challenge each other to make data and process driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories!
We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Leave Specialist will play an important role on Carvana’s Total Rewards Team by ensuring all leaves are administered in accordance with applicable regulations and policies and ensuring all leave and accommodation activity is effectively managed from initiating to completion.
- Primary liaison and record keeper for all internal and external communications on leave of
absences and accommodations
- Regularly keeps all impacted groups notified of status updates and pertinent issues, including
Legal Teams, vendors, Management and Payroll
- Monitors third party vendor reports and audits incoming invoices, maintains partnership and
effective relationship with all vendor contacts
- Maintain contact, both verbal and written, with employees regarding leaves, ensuring necessary
employee status information is provided
- Build out processes and training programs for on-going education
- Facilitates accommodation conversations with employees and managers
- Accurately and promptly answers incoming questions from employees across the organization
regarding their leave of absence and accommodations questions
- Ensures that all necessary documentation is received, distributed and routed to the appropriate
- Proactively reaches out to affected employees and partners with HR Manager on resolving any
concerns or complaints
- Keeps up to date on all department policies to ensure accurate and compliant communication
- Review, monitor and organize all reported leaves of absences using internal and external
applications with accurate classifications
- Other HR projects and assignments as needed
- YOU’VE GOT:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in administering leaves of absence and accommodations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Experience and basic understanding of federal and state compliance laws as they apply to leave
of absences, including the ADA and FMLA, is required
- Working knowledge of Workers’ Compensation, Short-Term disability (STD), Family and Medical
Leave (FMLA), Long-Term Disability (LTD), Military and Personal leaves
- Customer service focused with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to support and communicate policy and procedure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to be self-directed and proactive in work activities
- Able to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- WHAT COULD MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Experience with Workday is a plus but not required
- PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- LEGAL STUFF:
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. Carvana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.