Netflix is committed to producing exceptional content across the globe for our 230+ Million subscribers, and with that commitment comes the need to support our productions, filmmakers and creative teams with unparalleled operational excellence. The Post Services branch of the Studio Management and Services team is charged with the operational management of our post production services and spaces and looking for a Specialist to join our APAC team in Tokyo.
The ideal candidate is well versed in post production standards and best practices. We are searching for a self starter, thinking strategically and tactically about our services and how we can optimize support, workflow and efficiency across our different models and regions.
You will be part of the APAC team that supports Dailies, Offline and Reviews for our productions and creative teams. You will be comfortable working under pressure and have exceptional client service skills and proven track record of working closely and collaboratively with Filmmakers. You will collaborate with post-production, technology and industry experts and are self motivated and require little to no supervision. You are committed to the team dynamic and value working in a diverse environment across many regions and timezones.
- Work closely with the Dailies team, Offline Editors and Production Creatives
- Help promote and develop (via training) tools to automate workflow tasks within the studio.
- Provide escalation support for the Dailies team, local and remote Editorial teams.
- Provide training, education and implementation of advanced workflows in Dailies and Editorial, in line with Netflix technology initiatives including Dailies color pipelines.
- Mentor and train less experienced personnel on the team.
- Maintain Audio and Video calibration standards in our edit and dailies rooms at our partner vendor, as well as internally within NF screening spaces.
- Maintain preventive maintenance schedules.
- Escalate issues to Management, Engineering Services, and Infrastructure teams when necessary.
- Facilitate and operate creative and technical (critical) reviews, including color grade and sound mix reviews.
- Perform routine color and audio calibration and maintenance procedures, achieving the highest level of confidence in the space to ensure an accurate playback experience.
- Liaise with the internal post-production groups and outside vendors to assist with content delivery and management.
- Perform wiring, patching, and software configuration to tailor set up to accommodate the requirements of and the purposes of the shows.
- Validate asset integrity on incoming media and screening material.
- Color science/color management workflow expert
- Display calibration (CalMan workflow)
- Knowledge and experience of content creation and post-production workflows encompassing Dailies, NLE, Dialogue Recording, Picture Finishing, and Audio Mastering.
- Understanding of IP networking, Network storage, and Workstation architectures.
- Knowledge and experience on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems is a plus
- Proven track record of innovation, initiative, creativity, and implementation
- Proven abilities to embrace, drive and enable change management
- Technical and working knowledge with the following creative software applications: Colorfront (Transkoder/OSD/ExD), Black Magic Davinci Resolve, Filmlight (Baselight/Daylight), Pix, Avid Media Composer
- Experience with Crestron and Q-Sys control systems is a plus.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to socialize, explain and promote new and complex technology, tools, and workflows.
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely, and urgent matters.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Should possess strong organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Japanese language communications skills a plus
- Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.