It’s an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 231 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
At Netflix, the Production Technology & Operations team is essential at providing our members with a great experience every time they play our content by ensuring the content delivered to the service is of the highest quality. As we continue to expand globally, our role is to maintain and elevate the high-quality standards for our customers by focusing on removing friction from the post production asset lifecycle to improve delivery and quality at scale.
This Specialist will act as a subject matter expert for both internal and external partners who are creating and delivering content. You will build scalable optimised workflows based on the analysis of key metrics and data driving issue prevention and training strategies for the internal delivery and QC ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for technical and operational problem solving, deep knowledge of the post industry, and demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity. Additionally, a love of teaching and having empathy for those you interact with who are unfamiliar with the technology will serve you well in this role.
- Collaboratively evaluate partners and collect key information on a variety of areas including technical infrastructure, Post Production workflows, and mastery of the Netflix deliverables and Quality Control standards.
- Analyse partner delivery data to drive training and support initiatives improving key partner performance metrics.
- Provide solutions for metrics-driven analysis of partners' performance to internal teams.
Training and Onboarding:
- Build strong operational relationships with Post Production, VFX, and Music Partners you support, and act as a key technical and operations contact for the Netflix internal delivery and Quality Control ecosystem.
- Onboard and train partners on internal applications and workflows including Original Capture File Delivery (Asset Import), IMF Creation, and internal delivery tools (Backlot/Content Hub/ Amazon Snowball), access management (Starship), QC and evaluation (Asset QC), and external delivery solutions (Drives/LTO).
- Coach partners into a model of efficient and error-free delivery.
- Participate in industry events, advocating for Netflix workflows and standards, including programming technical seminars and presentations for the optimisation of QC and delivery.
- Educate internal teams on technical specifications and workflows.
- Develop content for public-facing support in an effort to allow partners to self-diagnose and repair problematic assets.
Advise, Strategise, Collaborate:
- Provide expertise and critical insight for the continued evolution and development of the internal Post Production supply chain, and its respective tools, partnering with internal teams to feedback user issues and needed enhancements to minimise support issues and pinpoint automated workflow efficiencies.
- Analyse vendor delivery data, with a focus on root-cause analysis, to drive an issue prevention strategy that minimizes support requests relating to the internal delivery ecosystem and specifications.
- Be an escalation point for troubleshooting technical issues related to asset delivery into our Post and VFX tools, IMF mastering, and QC raised by our partners.
- Work with external partners to ensure the flow of media assets through the Netflix delivery ecosystem is efficient, secure, and optimised, with a key focus on developing and executing best practices between tools.
- Partner with internal and external Post Production teams to create and execute an efficient Quality Control plan and help evaluate received reports and guide on the implementation of fixes.
- Build and leverage strong relationships with the global Netflix Post Production teams and external facility vendor managers.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams on improvement initiatives to streamline our processes.
- ~10 years prior experience in a role as a Workflow Engineer, Data IO and Archive, DI, or QC technician or lead for a Production facility, Broadcaster or Post Production facility.
- Knowledge of digital audio and video file formats, preferably experience with IMF, Dolby Atmos, and Dolby Vision workflows including the mastering tools used to create these elements.
- Familiarity with production and post software such as Blackmagic Resolve, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Clipster, Colorfront Transkoder, Shotgun, Pix, Baselight, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Pyramix, or MTI Cortex.
- Familiarity with audio, video and data communications protocols as standardised by IETF, SMPTE, ITU and AES.
- Working knowledge of the local and regional Post Production industry
- Highly organised, efficient, empathetic, and detail-oriented
- Have a data-driven mindset and experience analysing and learning from data
- Strives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Prior experience coaching, mentoring, and teaching people how to utilise industry-specific tools and software
- Passion for technical quality and the ability to contextually identify technical errors within a given image or piece of audio
- Desire to learn new technical workflows, standards, and tools
- Local vendor knowledge in the UK.
- Fluent or business proficiency in English.
- Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace