Position: Specialist Statutory Reporting
Last Date to Apply: 4th November, 2020
As one of the leading employers in the country, Jazz epitomizes the philosophy that each Jazz employee is passionately living a better every day inspired and enabled by visionary leadership, a unique professional culture, a flourishing lifestyle, and continuous learning and development.
Our Team & You
As one of the largest private sector organizations in Pakistan, our objective is to continue to change the lives of our 63 million+ customers for the better. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something transformative, someone who can play a critical role in driving our success. Together, we can empower millions more with the tools necessary to progress in an increasingly digital economy.
What the first 30-60-90 days in the job will look like?
-Within 30 days you will:
· Go through accounting manual to familiarize yourself with the accounting approach to be applied to each situation
· Get on job training on Hyperion/GRS
· Get to learn adhoc analysis
· Learn the One Drive format being used and how to roll out each month along with the timings when different tasks are to be initiated
· Get a list of entities falling under the ambit of statutory reporting and other reporting requirements due for each and the jurisdiction they fall in
· Look at last filed reporting and understand how they are built up
· Familiarize yourself with other reporting requirements for different external stakeholders
-Within 60 days, you will:
· Start interacting with HQ functions to obtain information for statutory reporting
· Start interaction with auditors
· Start developing adhoc analysis as per requirements
· Start preparing statutory reporting for entities
· Develop understanding of Workiva and start working on it
-Within 90 days to onwards you will:
· Develop yearly calendar with each entity reporting requirements deliverables marked and due dates agreed
· Coordinate with auditors and commence closing out any past reportings
· Get access to the platforms on which information is to be presented & prepare information in the required formats
· Deal with auditors and provide them with the agreed upon information
· Prepare SOX documentations
· Deal with stakeholders
· Perform all Workiva tasks
A Bit About You:
We are looking for someone who is keen to learn & has strong IFRS knowledge. Prior work experience of statutory reporting in various jurisdictions is preferred. Knowledge of US GAAP is an added advantage.
The right individual should have sound communication & analytical skills. Should be detailed oriented with ability of delivering within timelines being a must. Strong excel skills are required and knowledge of adhoc analysis is also preferred.
Strong accounting standard knowledge & its application is a cornerstone for this job role.
A Bit About Us:
Our department is responsible to complete statutory reporting for HQ entities who fall under different jurisdictions and the local GAAP at times differs from IFRS. Additionally there are requirements from local authorities to file some financial information or some other information related to some entities. This department also has to deal with auditors and authorities in different countries pertaining to reporting.
The structure of the team you will join is:
· A 03 member team (excluding the department head)
· Your reporting would be to Team lead statutory reporting. The team is flexible to adopt to projects in hand so from time to time your reporting may vary.
The two (02) main priorities of the team as a whole are:
· Completing statutory reporting of all entities within pre-agreed timelines with no material errors
· Keep track of all filing requirements and deal with them before due date
To collaborate and produce effective business results, the role requires
Performer to anticipate issues affecting timely submission of reporting to different authorities and to work with stakeholders in getting the output delivered on time
The two (02) specific tasks that team was working on in the last 6 months with results.
Closing out past audits for entities falling under jurisdiction other than Netherlands
Closing out all the filing requirements with different stakeholders for whom extensions are expiring
The three (03) must have past experiences the candidate should have.
Dealing with stakeholders in a tight deadline environment
Audit coordination & completion
A must have technology the candidate should have.
Smartview & adhoc analysis
Essential skills must have:
Working at the VEON GROUP demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.