GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
Candidates MUST have an active Top Secret/SCI clearance for consideration. A CI Polygraph is preferred. This position is not remote.
Splunk Security Engineers fuel solutions to ensure enterprise security deployments make the deepest impact possible across an organization. They solve organizations’ most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't know existed. They are self-motivated, have an insatiable thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. Lastly, they feel comfortable mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds. This position is not remote and is located in Washington, DC.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive complex security focused deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases
- Work with our customers to understand their security posture and requirements
- Support our security deployments by unlocking the potential of Splunk to assist our customers in achieving their Cyber Security strategy
- Collaborate across the entire organization to bring access to product and technical teams to get the right solution delivered and drive innovation gathered from customer input
- Leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk
- Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their own
- Must have an understanding of cyber-based threat techniques and procedures to compare industry related events, exposures, and incidents with open source and gathered intelligence research to determine threat capability and intent, and the potential impact of the threat on customer network architecture and operations
- 3+ years of Splunk development, implementation, and troubleshooting experience
- Splunk Consultant certification is required. ES experience is nice to have.
- Proficiency developing log ingestion and aggregation strategies
- Expertise developing security-focused content for Splunk, including creation of complex threat detection logic and operational dashboards
- Familiarity with key security events on common IT platforms
- Deep proficiency in client and server operating systems especially Linux but also Windows
- General networking and security troubleshooting (firewalls, routing, NAT, etc.)
- Scripting and development skills (BASH, Perl, Python or Java) with strong knowledge of regular expressions
- Ability to autonomously prioritize and successfully deliver across a portfolio of projects
- Must possess an active DoD 8570-compliant cyber certification at IAT Level II or better (Security+, CEH, etc.)
- Familiar with Configuration and Administration with Enterprise SIEM and experience in the Integration of multiple SIEM tools into a Single Architecture
- Familiar with enterprise level technologies (like HBSS, Vulnerability Scanners, etc…)
- Working Knowledge of Operating System Auditing (both Syslog and Window Event Log) preferred
- Splunk Enterprise Security experience
- Splunk Certifications such as Splunk Certified Consultant, Splunk Enterprise Security Implementation, and Splunk Certified Architect
- Experience authoring security runbooks, policy, and best practice documentation, and implementing SOAR platforms such as Phantom (Splunk SOAR) and data processing /observability platform such as Cribl.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent professional experience
We use Greenhouse Software as our applicant tracking system and Free Busy for HR screen request scheduling. At times, your email may block our communication with you. Please be sure to check your SPAM folder so that you don't miss updates on your application.
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 750 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 3,000 Enterprise-Level customers.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- Remote workforce primarily (U.S. based only, some travel may be required for certain positions, working on-site may be required for Federal positions)
- 100% employer-paid medical premiums (employee only $0 deductible and HSA plans) along with 75% employer-paid family contributions
- 100% employer-paid dental premiums (employee only) along with 75% employer-paid family contributions
- 12 corporate holidays and a Flexible Time Off (FTO) program
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
- Pet Benefit Option