Light is pioneering the era of the software-defined camera. Powered by sophisticated computational processes, software-defined cameras deliver intelligent, high-quality imaging at cost-effective, global scale. Light’s first product, the award-winning L16 Camera, has eliminated the quality or convenience dilemma that has plagued photographers for a century. Light’s foundational technologies, including its Lux Capacitor camera control chip and its Polar Fusion Engine for multi-image processing, are licensed for use in applications like smartphones and beyond. To learn more about Light, visit light.co
Light is looking for a seasoned SQE Automation Lead to join our team of technologists as we introduce radically new camera technology.
what you get to do...
- influence, design, and implement processes and tools at a fast-paced start-up
- bring your Software Quality Engineering and Test Automation expertise to work on our revolutionary camera technology and cutting edge consumer device projects
- hands-on design and coding of software test automation for novel hardware and software applications
- build and extend test automation frameworks and architecture
- provide strategy, guidance, and direction for test automation team
- work with sqe leads and management to prioritize automation projects and groom automation backlog
- perform code reviews of test automation team
- triage test automation failures and fix test scripts or log resulting Bugs
- report automation results to all Engineering teams and management
- mentor team on test automation and coding best practices
what you bring to Light...
- 5+ years coding and executing software test automation - required
- working experience building automation frameworks and architecture - required
- strong Python coding experience - required
- strong leadership skills and lead experience - required
- experience testing on Android operating system - required
- experience managing and collaborating with overseas teams - required
- sdk and/or api-level test experience - required
- experience with Page Object Model (POM) and design patterns - required
- experience with ci/cd and jenkins environments - required
- a completed BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or related Engineering field - required
- embedded systems / embedded devices testing experience - preferred
- knowledge of BDD and DDT - preferred
- Java programming experience - preferred
- working knowledge of Appium, UI Automator, and/or Robot Framework - preferred
- Git, Jira, and Agile working experience - preferred
- a passion for camera technology and photography - preferred
oh, but there's more...
- You get to up-level your game as you work with world class technologists who have proven they know how to create extraordinary technology.
- We offer high quality medical, dental, vision, life, maternity and commuter benefits.
- We value flexibility and know that it's a 2-way street. So our teammates get to enjoy our open time off policy.
- Our passion for photography is evident in everything we do from our in-house photo talks, gallery walks and other photography-obsessed events!
- Food. Yes. We eat a lot.
Learn more at light.co
because your work should be challenging AND fun everyday!
Individuals seeking employment at Light are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.